UX Designer - SC Cleared
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
10th November 2020
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
You will work closely with the Service Owner to ensure all designs meet user needs and are consistent and in line with guidelines. You will report to the Product Owner and work closely with the project team (Product Owner, Delivery Manager, Architects, User Researchers, Business Analysts, Developers, Test Lead).
The UX/UI Designer will be working within an Agile environment and expected to work closely with the Product Owner to ensure all designs are consistent and suitable.
The solution will be based on Azure Native Services including, but not exclusively, Azure Power Apps, Canvas Apps, and Azure Logic Apps.
The requirement is to improve design, usability, navigation and information architecture of an existing system whilst delivering new functionality and value. The designer will be expected to create prototypes and design specs.
The product needs to be designed and coded in line with WCAG 2.0 (AA) accessibility requirements and the GDS standards.
You will report to the Product Owner and be expected to attend virtual meetings as standard. Some visits to other users and organisations may be required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- The use of a combination of Azure Native Services including, but not exclusively, Azure Power Apps, Canvas Apps, and Azure Logic Apps to meet user UX needs.
- Experience of designing for compliance to GDS guidelines and principles.
- Experience of designing new patterns and components to contribute to an existing design system.
- Experience of understanding and interpreting brand guideline rules.
- Being comfortable working at both ends of the scale, from the big picture, high level flows and journeys to the detail of individual elements on screen.
- Evidence of proficiency in UX, UI and interaction design techniques.
- Evidence of proficiency in creating prototypes to support user research, stakeholders and design team decision making.
- A clear understanding of user centred design best practice and accessibility principles.
- Experience of interpreting user research feedback to inform user journeys and UI design.
- Experience of planning, documenting and communicating the design process and concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- Extensive experience in creating prototype and design specs and the ability to communicate the design process to Software Developers.
- Proven understanding of accessibility issues and designing to meet accessibility guidelines.
- Experience in working from user research; thus ensuring designs are user and data driven.
- Ability to use user-centred design methodology from start to finish to inform user journeys, navigation flow charts, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Basic research skills including when necessary participation in user research sessions and analysis.
- Do rapid, lightweight prototyping, from paper to interactive.
- Tackle the design of a service that has multiple digital touchpoints, as well as offline elements. Understanding the bigger picture and defining the overall user experience is critical.
- Strong experience working as part of an agile team participating in daily stand up, sprint reviews and planning and retrospectives.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.