You are an experienced Database Administrator (m/f/d) looking for a new project?
My client, an international IT service provider is currently in need of an expert in the field of database administration for the following project:
- SME is responsible for Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Availability and Capacity Management for the Database stacks (Oracle, MS-SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Manage L2/L3 production/project support activities.
- This also includes the initial setup or update, patching for these Databases
- Responsible for script development/ update in different scripting (Shell and Perl).
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Exposure in other Database Technologies like Informix is an advantage.
- Experience or familiar on tools like ticketing and monitoring tools.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring the team members.
- Willingness to work on flexible working hours including weekends.
- Involved in Routine Operational support and troubleshooting
- Should have at least 6-8 plus years experience in handling production/project support L2/L3 Incident & Change Management
- Regular application and production support (ticket solving) and maintenance (enhancement) work
- Knowhow of Unix is important
- Shell/Perl scripting knowledge is required
- Troubleshooting, problem resolution, root cause analysis skills are much required
- Candidate should be willing to learn, analyse the code, explore and build the documentationto help sharing of knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required as job responsibility demands the interaction with customer and business
- Past hands-on experience on handling production incidents with quick reactivity is appreciable
- Knowledge of Accounting, finance domain would be additional plus
- Team work is very much required as the coordination/synchronization is required with offshore colleagues
- Based on the business need and criticality, the candidate should be open to on-call support and weekend work
- Performs daily monitoring and general administration of all Database instances
- Responds to all database alerts, warnings and errors in a timely, consistent manner
- Resolves common database system issues in a timely, consistent manner
- Escalates complex issues to internal team members and third party groups as appropriate
- Maintains relations with vendor support to ensure quick response to problems
- Ensures availability and integrity including backup and archiving, database recovery, disaster recovery and system response time
- Design, coordination and running of various backups and database scripts
- Performs upgrades and patching of databases on a regular basis
- Must have 6-8 years of hands on experience working with Databases like Oracle, Ms-SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL or PostgreSQL on a Linux environment
- Must have experience developing, modifying and maintaining shell scripts (bash, Perl, etc).
- Most have strong documentation abilities
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have good communication skills
- Should have working knowledge of disk storage array technology and its application to Oracle ASM/RAC
- Should have education and experience with Oracle RAC 11g technology
- Certification is added advantage
- Added advantage to German Speaking candidates
- Experience of high availability and DR configuration and setup is desired
- Monitoring and reporting tool
- Database stacks like Oracle, MS-SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Tools: Tivoli performance viewer, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Excel etc.
- Linux & Windows Server
- Knowledge of Storage product suits like EMC, NetApp
- Knowledge of Backup products like TSM, NetBackup, Networker
- Web & Middleware stacks like WebLogic Application server, MQ, Apache, Tomcat and IIS
- Start: as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 month
- Work location: Basel
If this position as Database Administrator (m/f/d) sounds like the next step in your career apply as soon as possible! Please send your CV over to c.barth[at]computerfutures.ch along with information about your availability and salary expectation.
If this project is not for you, but you know someone who might be interested, please feel free to pass over my contact details or provide me with a name and e-mail address so I can follow up.
I´m looking forward to hearing from you!
Sthree Switzerland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.