|Listed on:||28th October|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Information Assurance Specialist Location: Bristol or Devonport, Plymouth Ref: SF31210
About the role Here at Babcock International, we're looking for an Information Assurance Specialist to join us at HMNB Devonport or Bristol, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. We're a key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy. We ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying our core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
You will provide consultancy support to a range of Information and Communication Technology system design, integration and complex projects, proposals and other opportunities within the AD&M business unit and throughout the wider Complex Assets business.
Other duties include assisting AD&M Project Managers, System Engineers and ILS staff in the execution of their duties, provision of SQEP Knowledge, Skills and Experience to support AD&M and Complex Assets and the wider Mission Systems business and representing the Company at industry and HMG events.
What do I need to do the role?
* Military Communications
* Networks (WAN & LAN)
* Electronic Warfare Systems
* Command and Control Systems
* Software design
* Open System Architecture Design & Integration
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
* The post may require DV clearance as required.
* Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs. This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.