|Listed on:||23rd October|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,000 - £50,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst Portsmouth SF32596
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to work as part of our Cyber Resilience and Information Assurance Function. The successful candidate will lead in evolving our preventative infrastructure to keep ahead of threats through intelligence collection, detection and monitoring of threats and vulnerabilities. The role will involve prioritising risk mitigation by understanding the relevant threats to Babcock, maintaining security baselines and roadmaps relevant to our risk profile and mapping threats to the baseline, working with various resolver groups to minimise vulnerabilities, and working alongside Operations teams to ensure evergreen plans are achieved.
You will perform open source intelligence (OSINT) collection and analysis, identifying indications of cyber threats, malicious code, malicious websites, and vulnerabilities. You will also report any system security loopholes, infringements and vulnerabilities in a timely manner;
Other responsibilities will include:
* Evaluating intelligence regarding new threats, or vulnerabilities, to the Babcock estate, and analyse and correlate incident data, to ensure that root cause is determined and that operational controls are updated to mitigate against and, security tool detections are implemented to detect new attacks
* Providing presentations and reports for internal stakeholders to assist in proactively addressing threats
* Evaluate threats and run continuous monitoring to check system vulnerabilities and recommend remedial actions to be taken by resolver groups, and work to ensure actions are completed
* Work with third parties developing shared intelligence including government, law enforcement, and industry peers
* Identify credible, new intelligence, and subject matter resources relative to current and emerging threats
* Work with the wider SOC team to create and maintain a threat catalogue, as well as assist with incidents and investigations as necessary
* Work with the Security Architect to maintain the Babcock security baseline and ensure it is reviewed and maintained on a regular basis
* Compare the Babcock security baseline with OWASP, NIST, SANS publications, identify gaps, and make adjustments as needed
* Ensure vulnerability scanning is carried as is necessary to ensure compliance with the security baseline, and work with other teams to fix the gaps
* Attend Application Review, Project, Technical Design Authority, Change and Transition Boards to provide advice and guidance on ensuring the security baseline is maintained
* Work with the Head of Cyber Security Operations and Resilience to build a roadmap and plans for a Babcock Evergreen estate
* Provide system security advice to system management, system staff and users
What do I need to do the role?
* Experience as a technical Cyber Security specialist preferably in an operations environment
* Demonstrable experience of security related incidents and work requests
* Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles
* In depth knowledge of system and application vulnerabilities
* Ability to keep abreast with latest threats, attacking techniques and mitigating strategies
* Experience of SOC/industry security toolsets
* Operating systems and system administration skills
* Advanced understanding of networking principles
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Application Guidance All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.