IT Trainer (ASAP START)
3-6 Month contract
Pay: up to £360 - £396 per day
British Passport Holders & SC Cleared Candidates Only
The post is based in Bristol with extensive travel across the UK
Main Purpose of Role
- Reporting to the Training Manager and working with the training team to provide high quality training on all applications supported by the business
- Work with Project Managers and developers to understand the requirements of a stakeholder.
- Design and write training programmes and training materials.
- Deliver training in different forms - 1 to 1, classroom, floor walking also via Lync.
- Work with the Service Delivery Team to understand the issues that are reported and use the information to update and adjust training.
- Gather feedback and advise on software updates and system changes Strive to improve internal and external support Conduct structured tests on new and updated systems. Training Administration - Booking training venues, creating and sending out Joining Instructions, booking delegates onto sites, collating training evaluations Record and maintain training within a training database Work with stakeholders to help improve training and day to day use of applications.
- Represent the business in relevant forums Extensive travel to various sites across the UK to deliver training and floor walking support
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
- Proven work experience as an IT Trainer, Technical trainer or similar role Aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common applications and systems
- Experience in designing course materials - Good business and technical authoring skills and able to develop effective training and user documentation
- Familiarity with web-based learning platforms and modern educational techniques Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Oracle based products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain technical terms plainly to groups with a range or learning abilities
- Experience of creating written reports
- Supporting and working with the service desk, and other areas of the business High level of understanding of technical issues which may affect the business including identification of new solutions
- Experience of working with stakeholders/representatives at all levels and demonstrable ability to present and discuss at a senior level
- Experience of working with Defence organisations
- Understanding how people learn and retain knowledge
- A strong business and commercial awareness
- Full UK driving license
- Well-developed interpersonal and facilitation skills
A high level of organisation
Confidence in training and presentation delivery Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Qualifications in teaching desirable
- Significant software training experience