Senior ICT Support Analyst (Current SC Clearance Essential) - 12 Months FTC
Our Government client is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry and they're an independent body reporting to the Home Secretary. They have two main duties. One is the compulsory licensing of individuals undertaking designated activities within the private security industry; the other is to manage the voluntary Approved Contractor Scheme, which measures private security suppliers against independently assessed criteria.
As a Senior Support Analyst, you'll work within the ICT Solutions department and report into the ICT Service Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the wider teams are served by effective and efficient ICT services and you'll be required to establish and maintain strong, positive working relationships with key stakeholders including: a wide range of staff, Service partner(s) and the Information Security Manager.
- Take a leadership role in project initiatives.
- Provide team leadership to the ICT support staff.
- Support the ICT Service Manager in the delivery of support services.
- Provide information and coaching to less experienced ICT support staff.
- Provide a point of technical escalation for ICT support staff resolving incidents and problems.
- Monitor and escalate trends in the incidents that are logged with the help desk.
- Assist staff with resolving problems in relation to ICT equipment, and other ICT issues.
- Respond within agreed timeframes to reported incidents.
- Take ownership of incidents from receipt to resolution.
- Assist in the maintenance of network, server and workstation equipment.
- Perform routine archiving of data.
- Deliver procedural and end user documentation for ICT systems
- Assist in the delivery of work streams of key initiatives and projects as directed.
- Maintain the organisations ICT asset register.
- Meet the information security requirements of the organisation, particularly in relation to sensitive information.
- Assist the ICT Support Manager by acting as a point of contact for staff in all dealings with service partner(s), and in particular with the help desk facility.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time, within the job-holders capabilities.
Relevant Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of providing ICT support to end users.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar senior or team leader role.
- Experience of working in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Experience of support of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft CRM, MS SharePoint.
- Experience of using IS/ICT to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation.
- Ability to prioritise urgent issues whilst achieving outcomes to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.
- An uncompromising approach to outstanding customer service.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the organisation
- Holds valid SC Clearance within Government / Defence
- An understanding or experience of public sector processes.
- Demonstrable experience in working with Microsoft Lync and the Citrix product suite.
- Experience in liaising with, and monitoring the performance of, an external IS service provider
Contact Name: Experis UK
Job ID: 2862541