Are you passionate about technology?
Are you committed to delivering high quality software?
Are you a skilled engineer with a strong coding background?
Would you like to use your experience in an award-winning streaming company, working in the fast-paced worlds of sport, media and betting?
We need an experienced QA Engineer to re-define the way we implement quality. Using your extensive experience and technical knowledge you will lead our QA approach - selecting the right tools for the job and designing, implementing and expanding all automated QA solutions.
What you'll be doing ...
- Bring your ideas and creativity to set the QA agenda, research technology to influence our direction and provide mentorship and coaching to other QA and non-QA team members
- You'll have a pragmatic approach to quality, striving for optimal solutions which bring the most value to the project.
- The role will require you to utilise various QA methodologies, tools and techniques to build robust, scalable and performant automated test suites, performing thorough testing activities, and sharing your findings and recommendations with all members of your team
- In collaboration with Product, Technology and Business Stakeholders you will help to drive simple, efficient solution design, development and delivery and contribute your expertise and experience to help drive continual improvement in the delivery processes of your squad.
- You will lead on Automation - whether that's release automation, deployment pipelines or testing, working with stakeholders throughout Technology and IT to help drive improvements and efficiencies in our delivery
- You'll draw upon your experience to mentor colleagues, helping to build their skills, and supporting them across a range of areas including, technology and its application within products
What you'll need ...
To be successful in this role you'll need significant experience working in a hands-on engineering role, that could be software engineer, QA engineer etc. You will also need;
- Good knowledge of current development technology trends - you will have your finger on the pulse and have experimented with other current testing technologies
- Expertise in Object-Oriented and/or Functional programming principles, development standards and practices and patterns, along with a thorough understanding of software architecture
- Good knowledge of;
- Integration technologies and patterns, including queuing, messaging and streaming technologies (e.g. AWS SQS/SNS)
- Web technologies and protocols (e.g. REST, Web Sockets), AWS, scaling, and microservices
- Persistence and database storage technologies (e.g. Relational and document databases)
- An eye for detail - you will be able to anticipate issues and work to quickly resolve them prior to delivery
What we can offer you ...
In return for your commitment we offer a competitive package and great company benefits which recognises your contribution.
You'd join a fun, friendly and dynamic team within a thriving business and enjoy all the opportunities and benefits that being part of the wider PA Media Group.
StreamAMG and PA Media recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and this role will offer the opportunity to realise that by working largely remotely.
We actively encourage you to maintain and improve your skills and keep abreast of the latest trends in technology. You'll have the opportunity to work with the wider PA Media Group's Technology Architecture and Development department to share ideas and influence the direction across multiple teams.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.
Contact Name: StreamAMG
Job ID: 2862323