IHS Markit is seeking experienced testing professionals to join its EDM team. This position is a hands-on test build /execution role. It is a highly technical position and will require strong knowledge of automation and more specifically testing of microservices based architectures. We are looking for individuals that can lead, provide thought leadership, work in an agile manner and are passionate about technology.
- As a member of the core engineering team who should be able to define the next level of automation.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing automation test frameworks especially for a microservice based architecture.
- Experience in testing multi-tenant systems will be a plus
- Experience in testing container-based systems will be a plus
- Strong Experience in Test Automation Tool / Frameworks for example: Protractor / SPECFLOW
- Strong Experience in Docker, Ansible or Puppet
- Practical experience with Service Layer Testing including but not limited to Rest APIs, XML, JAXB, JSON in creating a layered system.
- Excellent programming skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and Implement state-of-the-art Automation Framework (from scratch) for a microservices based Architecture using Specflow BDD framework
- Experienced in .Net based Automation framework using C#
- Build a framework for Contract Testing using tools like PACT / DREDD or equivalent
- Create overall Automation approach / Schedule and provide effort estimations for the microservices based Automation framework
- Implement the above frameworks in CI/CD environments / nightly runs in TeamCity/ GITLAB or Equivalent
- Must be Proficient in Selenium / Protractor or equivalent
- Strong Knowledge of Java Script framework such as NodeJS, Angular JS and Type Script
- Must have experience in implementing automation solutions within an Agile development lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
Education and experience
- A graduate / post graduate
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Solid technical background in implementing object-oriented systems
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.