Digital & Technology Manager
£40000 - £40000
circa £40,000 per annum
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Digital & Technology Manager
Harrogate, North Yorkshire (Temporarily Remote)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created.
As such, we are looking for a Digital & Technology Manager to join us and lead the delivery of our digital and technology projects.
- Salary of circa £40,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years' service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have a strong digital and technology background and a passion for excellence, this is a brilliant opportunity to make a real impact on our operations and ensure that we have access to the latest technologies.
We've got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we're looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Digital & Technology Manager, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As the Digital & Technology Manager, you will lead the implementation of our digital and technology projects and digital roadmap, ensuring we have the tools and ability to deliver against our strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will support the ongoing development and delivery of the digital roadmap and support departments across the charity to take full advantage of the benefits of technology.
Some of your duties will include:
- Managing the Digital & Technology Officer
- Supporting the development and delivery of our cyber security measures
- Engaging and managing project stakeholders
- Acting as a key point of contact for third party providers
- Drafting, updating and managing IT policies
- Representing the Digital Team on digital or technology related issues as and when required
To join us as a Digital & Technology Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working with digital tools and services
- Previous experience of third party relationship management and procurement
- Exposure to a digital project management or delivery environment
- A solid understanding of the digital and technology landscape
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
A solid understanding of digital transformation would be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role IT Project Manager, IT Manager, Digital Manager, Technical Project Manager, Technology Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Digital Services Manager, or IT Services Manager.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Digital & Technology Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Closing Date: 21st October 2020
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual's circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.