Oracle E-Business Applications Support is required for our client based in Solihull. This is for an initial 2 years fixed term contract.
Technical Specialist - Oracle e-biz
- To be an applications specialist within ICT - supporting the Oracle e-biz suite through responding promptly to system incidents and enhancement requests.
- To deal with such enhancements using a controlled approach - following processes such as change management to methodically transition system amendments from test, through to UAT and the production / live environment.
- To provide solutions that are quality-driven: with a focus on methodical testing.
- To co-ordinate with the HR, Finance and Organisational development business areas - understanding their business processes and patterns, legislative responsibilities and priorities to effectively meet business requirements.
- To work with ICT teams outside of Applications, such as service management, infrastructure, telecommunications and networks, to ensure they are consulted where appropriate, when addressing system faults or performing enhancements.
- To demonstrate effective supplier management - co-ordinating with Oracle to raise, monitor and respond to SR (service requests).
- To show understanding and employ the necessary due diligence around information governance when dealing with incidents and requests
- Extensive experience with all phases of the applications management cycle, applied to Oracle e-biz, including:
- system analysis;
- system development & enhancement;
- unit; system; user acceptance; integration and regression.
- Experience of providing technical support using OBIEE - specifically applying the applications management cycle to enhancing, testing and deploying dashboards.
- Experience providing business and Oracle e-biz technical support to one or more of the following areas:
- HR; Payroll; Learning Management; Financials; CRM.
- Experience of information governance and applying its principles to applications management
- Experience applying cyber security principles to applications management
- Experience in applying the general principles of change management including experience presenting changes in a change advisory or change approval board context.
- Extensive skills in developing and enhancing code written in SQL/ PL/SQL and understanding of relational database technology.
- Demonstrable skills in patch management including:
- patch analysis; identifying dependencies; working with database administrators to plan, test and deploy patches into user, UAT and the production / live environment.
- Skills using service management software such as PoB (Point of Business) or similar for incident and change management.
Contact Name: Danielle Turner
Job ID: 2859928