- Location: Cardiff or Bangor
- Grade & Salary: 6, £32,427 rising to £37,656 over four years
- Post number: 202601
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Mon to Fri flexible shift pattern to cover service hours of 8am to 6pm, work on a time specific rota providing an ‘Out of Hours' ICT Service to an agreed level and perform overtime as required to meet the business needs
Closing date: 1st November 2020
The post holder will be required to lead all aspects of technical support, development and maintenance for the NRW Database estate within an ITIL framework and in line with the wider teams Target Operating Model, to deliver an outstanding customer focused service.
The post holder will also be expected to support the Server & Storage Team Leader in the delivery of IT services and lead the Server & Storage team in fault finding, proactive improvements and feed into the Server & Storage team work plan.
All members of the ICT Server and Storage Team will participate in the general management and governance activities required to maintain a catalogue of service to agreed levels of service.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure the health and availability of corporate Database estate in line with ICT governance and ITIL frameworks
- Ensure that incidents and service requests are resolved within the agreed service level agreements.
- Assist the Server & Storage Team leader in developing the Server & Storage Team workplan
- Work with Engineers to resolve issues and improve live systems
- Advise and provide guidance for first and second line support
- Develop proactive tasks and maintenance schedules and implement routine upgrades of services
- Diagnosis and act as a technical escalation point for issues reported via incidents and proactive monitoring.
Qualifications and Skills
Proven experience of:
- Microsoft SQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL Databases.
- Working within an Azure Environment.
- Data warehousing; ETL, SSRS, SSIS.
- Implementing backup and recovery strategies and clustering of databases.
- Application lifecycle methodologies.
- VSTS and Visual Studio or similar.
- Working within an ITIL Service Management Framework.
- Experience of Incident, Problem, Change and Release management processes.
- You will have a recognised qualification, degree or equivalent experience.
- You will have substantial experience working in the field relevant to your role with experience across a range of roles or in different roles within an organisation.
- You will have specialist/technical knowledge in a range of subjects within your field.
- You will remain up to date with developments in your technical or specialist field.
- You will have the ability to manage small programmes and/or projects.
- You will have analytical skills enabling you to analyse and interpret a range of complex information
For more information, please visit our website by clicking the apply button.
Contact Name: Natural Resources Wales
Job ID: 2859525