Global Network Security Specialist - Network Security
Reinsurance, Insurance, Global, EMEA, Cyber Security, Network Security
City of London - Permanent - £80,000 - £95,000 (plus benefits)
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. It operates in all lines of insurance, with more than 42,000 employees throughout the world.
The Global Network Security Specialist will work in our growing Network Security segment. The Network Security team is responsible for managing various security devices, applications, and information across the organisation.
The Global Network Security Specialist will be part of this team responsible for monitoring and managing devices and applications such as proxy, firewall change assurance, IPS/ IDS, and DDoS. This role will report to the IT Cyber Operations Manager and take direction from the Service Manager of the Network Security team.
- Monitor network security infrastructure health and activities.
- Ensure firewall changes are made by 3rd party vendor according to compliance control procedures.
- Provide governance on firewall rules and design.
- Monitor firewall rule health and approvals through Tufin.
- Assist in the day to day management of the webproxy and access requests.
- Monitor and provide technical expertise to both DDoS and IDS/IPS security appliances.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues and issues affecting the security of our computing resources.
- Provide technical and operational security support to IT, Engineering, Legal, and business units.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Help drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
- 4+ years experience in security, networking or systems administration
- Experience building, implementing and maintaining IT security devices
- Experience with proxy, DDoS, IDS/IPS and Firewall ACL
- Understanding of firewall policies and best practices
- Familiarity with Tufin SecureTrack or similar tools is required.
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts
- Familiarity with Zscaler is a plus
- Professional experience working with networks and network architecture is a plus
- Experience with change management policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Can effectively work across a geographically distributed team environment
- A results oriented, high energy individual who takes pride in their work
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply, please follow the link provided.
Contact Name: Experis UK
Job ID: 2858985