A leading Global Bank currently require a number of IT Cost & Contracts Managers for initial 6 month contracts, based in London, paying up to £580 per day via PAYE or £730 per day via Umbrella.
This role will include working with the GBGF IT CIOs, COOs and supporting teams to optimise IT's utilisation of third-party hardware, software, resources, and associated IT services (including non-permanent workforce) to maximise value and cost savings to the bank.
- The primary purpose of the IT Cost Management team is to govern all third party IT spend for Technology, including managing and continuously improving the Cost Management processes.
- Cost Management processes across multiple IT business areas ensuring consistent and adequate governance and controls resulting in effective sanctioning of spend. This will include detailed involvement on cost submissions working with business managers, procurement and COOs to ensure that the bank is obtaining the best commercial deal and evidencing the cost reduction work undertaken
- In this role, there will be specific responsibility for managing the contract lifecycle from an IT perspective for a number of specific contracts, including evaluating renewals of contracts ahead of time, challenging demand / requirements and working collaboratively with technical teams and procurement to obtain an optimal commercial deal.
- Maintaining the IT contracts calendar for the relevant IT teams including correct articulation of the financial P&L profiles, owning the renewal trigger points and driving subsequent actions will be essential.
- Furthermore support will be provided to each area to assist working towards a complete zero-based budgeting approach.
- Candidates will be commercially-aware with expertise in Cost or Commercial Management and shall be responsible for creating and maintaining a robust governance model in evaluating, reviewing all IT expenditure and proactively driving cost reduction across Technology.
- Typically educated to undergraduate degree level, masters degree preferred.
- Experience and proven track record in vendor, cost and commercial management including cost reduction / optimisation programmes
- Proven banking experience
- Expert knowledge on IT Infrastructure technical platforms / technologies, execution of IT vendor management policies
- Good understanding of the IT global delivery model and future roadmap
- Strong leadership and management skills together with the ability to motivate staff from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work in a multi geography, culturally diverse and time-zone separated management role
- Good communications skills and ability to motivate and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve problems
If you have the experience to carry out this role, then please do apply using your most up to date profile. Please do send your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back with 48 hours, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Contact Name: Ryan Yardley
Job ID: 2858785