Director of Data Engineering & Analytics
My client is a growing financial services company who are looking to grow their team due to their on-going success - in addition to this they have been awarded the 2020 FinTech advanced award. The successful can will be leading their own team on both the functional and technical side, providing expertise experience in data engineering and analytics.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Have oversight of data modelling, enterprise data warehousing, ETL, data integration as well as data reporting and querying.
- Design and then implement an optimal data pipeline that will collect, cleanse and transform data into usable sets.
- Create and implement database designs/ structures, queries and data transform processes to maximise performance of ETL and data models.
- Execute improvements on Snowflake data warehouse and supporting AWS system.
- Create analytics tools that use the data pipeline to provide clear business insights.
- Provide continuous analysis of existing data stack to provide new product recommendations on a company-wide basis.
- Create data tools to assist analytics team members.
- Provide ongoing business analysis.
- Set clear goals for team members and create an inspiring team environment.
- Oversee team performance and provide one to one training sessions.
- Create a plan that dictates recruitment needs and processes as the company grows.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience implementing and managing data teams/environments.
- Exceptional technology knowledge and experience in data warehouse methodologies, including data management, data integration, ETL and analytics system architecture.
- Built data warehouses, data marts, and data lakes, including implementations in a hybrid environment.
- Experience managing data from numerous source systems, including CRM/ERP's (i.e., Salesforce, NetSuite) and marketing analytics (i.e., Google Analytics), etc.
- Experience with Talend required, Snowflake and Looker a plus.
- Expert in SQL language, stored procedures and functions.
- £70,000-80,000 per annum
- Flexible remote working, with travel required to the office once a month
- Competitive pension scheme
- Joining bonus for at-home set-up for computers etc.
- Company will pay for broadband, internet and other at home costs.
To discuss this and other exciting opportunities in more detail please send your CV to Click here to contact this recruiter or call Luke Page-Kennedy on [Telephone number removed] in complete confidence ASAP.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft technology recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more Microsoft jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements & jobs for Microsoft professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft technology market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
Contact Name: Luke Page-Kennedy
Job ID: 2857673