Graduate IT Support Engineer
£23,000 - £25,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer are an established and successful IT services company based in Farringdon. Their mission is to make their clients' IT work seamlessly, as well as being their trusted advisor when it comes to new IT developments, including the latest email, collaboration and file sharing cloud technologies. They have a diverse and energetic team of passionate and talented people and they are looking for a Graduate IT Engineer to join the business at a key point of planned growth.
You are a self-starter with a real passion for learning. You want to be a part of a great team in a growing business. You're a geek at heart and love to play around with the latest technology. You get a buzz from solving problems in a busy environment and you understand the importance of excellent client service, which means you can also give simple explanations without using jargon. You believe that the world can be a better place through the effective use of IT and want to help make that happen.
An exciting opening in our service team with the opportunity for real progression. In this this hybrid role, you will provide remote technical support, as part of a team, for all clients, working from home and some days in the office. You will be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic when managing issues, have a keenness to learn and develop an appreciation for the various client cultures and requirements. They have a Training Programme which ensures you are developing core skills for your future career in IT support and spans both company-funded external training as well as in-role experience objectives. They also carry out regular one to ones and six-monthly performance reviews, providing a regular opportunity for two-way feedback.
- A solid academic background in IT/computer related, Physics, Maths or Engineering discipline, possibly combined with Business
- 6-18 months industry experience (work placement or post-graduation)
- Basic understanding of the following: hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops and printers, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server, Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers, Applications/software, Citrix
- Great interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- An ability to engage professionally and deliver an exceptional client experience at all times
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients
- A client centric attitude and a continual focus on end user experience
- IT qualifications / certifications
- Shift allowance and paid overtime
- Learning and development opportunities
- 21 days holiday, public holidays, birthday day off
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare after 6 months
- Regular performance reviews
- A fun, friendly work environment
- Monthly training day