Cloud Security Engineer - Warrington
£70,000 - £70,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Cloud Security Engineer
Up to £70000 per annum
We are looking for an experience Cloud focused Security Engineer to join a reputable and innovative company to be based out of there modern offices in Warrington.
A large transformation project towards automation & continuous integration across the business is underway, and with the technology department rapidly expanding - now is an exciting time to join and become a key part of the growth of the company.
You will directly be supporting the Head of IT Security ensuring that Cloud Services and IT Development are delivered in a way that supports the confidentiality, integrity & availability of system and data. Your main responsibilities will involve monitoring all cloud service usage, compliance with cloud security policies, to offer specialist support & guidance and to be responsible for supporting the build and evaluation of all cloud based services.
* The design & development of cloud security control infrastructure
* Cloud Security Risk Assessments, maintain ongoing assessments of emerging cloud threats - making recommendations as you go.
* Perform security assessments, including vulnerability & application testing.
* To Ensure that all appropriate security tooling is implemented & that security policies & controls are in place
* Service as a specialist with cross-functional teams - advising & assisting with design & implementation of various cloud / cloud security projects. Measure compliance with IT security policies and maintain industry leading standards across the whole business.
* Drive forward the embedding of security within the continuous integration / improvement pipeline - supporting the Agile / DevOps execution.
* Provide 2nd / 3rd line support on IT Security incidents
Skills & Experience
* A background in cloud computing is needed, Azure is desired;however, other cloud platforms will be considered
* An understanding of IT Risks, controls, mitigation techniques and an expertise with vulnerability scanning techniques
* Vulnerability detection & remediation.
* Experience with designing cloud security monitoring solutions
* Good knowledge of ITIL processes and an understanding of Agile & DevOps methodologies
* Experience working with development teams & the embedding of security tooling with them
You will be the specialist for the business and therefore travel to other company sites will occasionally be required; however, there will also be options to work from home.
Paying up to £70k + a 20% bonus and an excellent pension, it is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a reputable business and in an exciting field!. You will be based in their offices just outside Warrington - fully remote for now, with a likelihood of 50/50 home / Office working in the future.
Infrastructure, Architect, Cloud, Azure, security, vulnerability, threat, risk