Fibre Network Surveyor - Fibre Optic, FTTP / Broadband Media, Wi-Fi, Networks & Telecoms
"Broadband Services to Rural Communities"
FTTP, ISP, Fibre Optic, Wi-Fi, Broadband Networks & Telecoms, GPON / PIA, Network Protocols, Network Planning, Network Design, Fibre Mapping, Splicing Diagrams, Fibre Junction Schematics, BoM's including Network Build Packs and Validation Packs to Network Handover Packs as well as NRSWA and SRWR certificates.
Work is a mix of Home based and/or out of the London or Midlands based Offices.
To £50,000pa + Company Car or Car Allowance + Travel Allowances + Benefits
This dynamic and growing Fibre Broadband and Network Services Provider are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused FTTP / Fibre Surveyors to cover rural communities and other geographical areas, therefore, you can be based from Home but reporting to their London or Midlands based offices.
The client specialise in Government Initiatives for the supply and support of "Broadband Services to Rural Communities" across the UK therefore, nationwide travel and occasional overnight stays away from home maybe required.
Before Applying! - Be aware of these key Initial points:
- In this role you will be responsible for conducting detailed Fibre Optic Network Installations Surveying to meet Design Specifications for Civilian and Fibre Builds for Customer Installations.
- The role involves Surveying and coordinating changes and challenges that work is conducted in accordance with the design methodology
- You will require professional communication skills to deal with all internal and external stakeholders
- Full awareness of all Health & Safety issues, NRSWA / SRWR certificates requirements for site based projects
- This role will suit a motivated network professional seeking a springboard for their next career step
Although there is a solid level of technical experience required, this role also needs functional expertise as your responsibilities will include:
- Establish and manage price lists and rate cards with suppliers
- Review & verify cost to build estimates from High Level & Low Level Designs produced by Design Partners.
- Value work executed by contractors and certify interim and final payments
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to contracts, drafting and issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
- Assist in the monthly measurement of supplier KPI's and reporting
- Provide robust, timely and accurate cost and value data including their progress in relation to the programme schedule
With a solid background in Wi-Fi & Broadband Telecoms, the experience you have gained will need to include:
- Excellent and proven experience of FTTP / FTTH / FTTC build activities
- Experience in commercial management and the procurement of contractors in a civil engineering / GPON context.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and partners
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Experience of NRSWA and SRWR street works requirements
- RICS Chartership (desirable)
- Experience of managing projects and tasks, guiding and driving all stake holders as necessary
- Knowledge of Fibre Types / Modes, Connector Types, Fibre Splicing, Termination Principles and Practices
- Have Access Network Fibre Planning experience within the Telecoms arena
- A proven track record of planning successful projects
- The ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
Previous experience with large network and telecoms carriers such as BT Openreach, Virgin Media will be advantageous.
Take this opportunity to rise above your peers and secure a role to elevate your career.
Contact Name: Experis UK
Job ID: 2856590