SSE Project Manager - Theta Work Scheduling
3 Month Contract
Main Purpose of Job
The Project Manager 3 [Project Manager] is the point of delivery of medium-scale projects (up to 6 months continuous delivery cycles) with multiple workstreams to Scottish and Southern Energy Group with direct business impact with firm deadlines. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
The end to end delivery of the relevant work streams or medium-scale projects with multiple workstreams through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of medium-scale projects to budget, quality and time.
Key to the role is to identify project risks and issues, assessing and recognising criticalities and contingencies.
The Project Manager 3 [Project Manager] will need to be focused on targets and requirements and report on progress to the relevant Senior Project Manager or Project Sponsor. At times the Project Manager 3 [Project Manager] may be required to deliver multiple small-scale or single medium-scale projects in parallel.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships within medium-scale projects and other project and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
- Deliver the projects to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the project definition or Project Initiation Document (PID).
- Management of 3rd parties, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
- Manage cross project and programme dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
- Proactively manage, through appropriate project management frameworks key customer and stakeholder relationships relevant to the project.
- Manage projects to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified objectives, within budget and timescale.
- Maintain and manage internal and external project dependencies.
- Monitor contract performance, manage underperformance and escalate where necessary.
- Ensure that IT/business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance.
- Define and agree the scope and business priorities of the project.
- Develop and agree acceptance criteria for the relevant project or projects.
- Analyse problems, action and progress issues as appropriate, ensuring follow through to resolution.
- Provide regular updates against targets to demonstrate performance and progress against the project plan.
- Proactively manage the interfaces within the project.
- Presenting work project information into the gate review process.
- To provide regular reports in support of project governance.
- Applying lessons learnt process and actively elicit relevant feedback.
Ideal experience in
* Renewables & Thermal business
* Infrastructure delivery
* Work scheduling and assignment
* Maximo Application delivery
* 3rd party engagement and management
* Agile delivery
* End to end project management including business engagement and documentation