Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations' salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
Application Architect in the Technical Capability Section, Application Services Division, Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services.
The Application Architect will report to the Head of the Technical Capability Section and be responsible for the integrity, security and consistency of the Corporate Application technical architecture and its evolution and integration. You will carry out various tasks to ensure that application software is effectively and efficiently designed, produced and tested. This should involve creating models and prototypes, evaluating potential risks and defects, analysing specifications and customising applications. You should be able to design applications with specific architectural patterns based on the complexity of the design and also be aware of available tools and work techniques. You will:
- Analyse technology, business and technical requirements related to Corporate Application solutions; Formalise ESA business capabilities into products with their design authorities to organise solution roadmaps;
- Deliver business level automation and modelling workflows, integrating the solution with ERP systems and supporting the orchestration of users, data and systems, based on your experience in integrating enterprise business process management applications;
- Verify the stability, interoperability, portability, security and scalability of Corporate Application architecture;
- Collaborate with technology teams to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components;
- Identify important potential technologies to address current and future application architecture for all functional needs;
- Bring together a set of rules and principles for product integration with more than one application and architect solution in ESB format;
- Provide solutions in areas of technical support on disaster recovery, application migration, security and integrity of the application lifecycle and data;
- Ensure the seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity;
- Influence key stakeholders in the selection of strategic technologies and suppliers;
- Work closely with systems analysts, data managers, software developers and other team members to ensure successful application production;
- Using your experience in working with functional and non-functional requirements, conduct analysis and establish success metrics;
- Delivering secure and efficient on-premise and cloud-hosted solutions;
- Prepare application decisions and initiate and oversee the execution of application development and management;
- Produce technical documentation relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures for each product developed. This should also cover the installation and maintenance of application software and the guidelines and standards that should be adhered to for each application;
- Understand that the design, production procedures and standards for creating prototypes and finished products is crucial;
- Be prepared to offer viable solutions for various systems and architectures to different types of business;
- Increase development productivity, start-up momentum and project delivery by prioritising and mentoring towards task completion and delivery.
- Experience in the capacity of Application Architect
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, principles and frameworks
- Knowledge of ERP solution in various functional areas
- Experience in Data platform migration
- IT policies, standards and guidelines
- Messaging, collaboration and document management systems
- Innovation & Creativity
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
A Master's degree in IT and/or business administration.
- working with industry standard TOGAF architectural management framework or similar architecture certification;
- implementing and championing Agile and scrum methodologies;
- working in various ERP functional modules, such as HCM/PLM/FCM/CRM/SRM applying the management framework;
- integrating enterprise business process management applications,delivering secure and efficient on-premise and cloud-hosted solutions.
You should be capable of systems and broader business thinking and possess strong analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Applicants must have more than 10 years' professional experience in architecture design and the development of large size ERP and PLM solutions, system integration, technology watching and trend monitoring. Knowledge of other technologies is an asset.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
The closing date for applications is 15 October 2020.
For more information on how to apply, please click the "Apply" button.