Our Northern Ireland Client are looking for a Client Facing Project Manager (SC Cleared)
Summary of the role
- Experienced Client Facing Project Manager, to procure and implement a replacement solution. The work required will take place in 2 stages:
- Management of the Procurement Stage
- Management of the implementation stage post award including the migration/transition of the system from current supplier as appropriate.
Who you will work with
The Supplier will work with a range of stakeholders to deliver this time bound project.
They will work directly with the user representative, the Council's IT infrastructure support and maintenance representatives - IT Assist and the existing suppliers of the database, website and business intelligence reporting software solution.
They be required to facilitate workshops, play a key role in leading teams and suppliers as well as working closely with staff in a collaborative work environment. The Supplier will report to the Project Board with overall oversight of the project as well as the sponsoring Departments.
What you will work on
- Play a key role in leading teams, suppliers and staff in end to end delivery (including procurement) of an IT Teacher Registration & Regulation system.
- Delivery of the project within agreed time, quality and financial constraints.
- Effective management and deployment of allocated project resources.
- Leadership of the Project Team and day to day management of the project.
- Effective integration of the project outputs into the business operation.
- Delivery of the project within a recognised project methodology framework i.e. PRINCE 2 or equivalent.
- Compliance with organisations processes and governance standards.
Key skills and experience;
- Experience and proven understanding of project management principles and methodologies, governance and controls, of the application of Prince 2 or equivalent, including scope & deliverable management.
- Experience of liaising with technical supply partners delivering through an Agile or other project methodology.
- Experience of business process mapping; drafting SoRs; ITT documentation preparation and tender processes; co-ordination of systems testing processes; supporting operational readiness activities including training, and cut-over planning.
- Evidence of working as a hybrid across business and IT, confidently representing the business interests to all multi-disciplined external suppliers and dependent work-streams.
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to challenge supportively and effectively where appropriate.
- Experience of developing and maintaining project schedules in Microsoft Project or other project management software.
- Evidence of knowledge and experience of the issues around working with sensitive data.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to manage projects effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in producing and delivering quality presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Experience of working with Subject Matter Experts to produce robust estimates in line with client requirements.
- Experience working in a Technical Analyst environment.
- Experience gained within heavily regulated environments.
- Evidence of strong client up-skilling and knowledge transfer capability.
Client Facing Project Manager (SC Cleared), Governance, Prince 2, Agile, Tender Process, Business Process Mapping, IT Documentation, External Processes, Project Schedules, Microsoft Project, Communication Skills, SME, Technical Analyst, Knowledge Transfer, SC Cleared, SC Clearance, Security Cleared, Northern Ireland, Government, Education