Job Title: Subsidence Surveyor
Location: North London
Salary: Competitive + Benefits - Please advise desired salary upon application
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company manages critical incidents in the car and home on behalf of the world's leading insurers, brokers and fleet managers, together with warranty and service plan provision for many OEMs and automotive dealerships, globally. They aim to continually go beyond expectations for their clients and their customers. Each year they process over four million insurance claims, saving leading insurers tens of millions of pounds.
They are looking to appoint a highly experienced subsidence engineer or surveyor, to deliver performance and competency for the claims they receive. You will provide technical advice, support and guidance to their clients as well as proposing bespoke solutions in a friendly and professional manner.
- Carry out initial inspections of insurance claims either in person or remotely
- Assess damage; determine probable cause and policy liability
- Determine further investigations and monitoring, where necessary, and any remedial or temporary works required
- Provide initial report to agreed standards
- Attend re-visits as required and report to agreed standards
- Implement engineering audit recommendations
- Process claims in accordance with SMS's philosophy, standards, service levels and complaints procedure
- Update all relevant information on iSubs their claims management system, engineering or other
- Maintain high standard of communication at all times, both internally and externally
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Assist Claims Management Unit to proactively progress claims
- Is able to respond positively to varying client requirements and changes in the wider business environment.
- Problem/complaint resolution.
- Good technical skills and problem solving ability to recognise difficulties and take proactive measures to overcome problems. Well developed and effective written and verbal communication skills, to articulate complex issues.
- Strong organisation and time management skills; to deliver on a variety of actions to tight timescales.
- Good dispute resolution handling skills to manage disputes effectively and proactively.
- Strong computer literacy skills to make effective use of a variety of ICT platforms and applications.
- A degree in a building / engineering / surveying discipline or similar.
- Chartered status in a building / engineering / surveying discipline or similar.
- Cert CII qualified
- Competitive salary
- Career path
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible Benefits (option to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Discounts at major brands
- Company Car/Car Allowance
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Claims Inspection, Claims Assessor, Building Surveyor, Structural Surveyor, Structural Engineer, Claims Investigator, Subsidence Assessor, Subsidence Investigator may also be considered for this role.