My client in Manchester are seeking a talented Automation Tester to join their team on a perm basis.
The tester will undertake the following:
- Test all Development put into production including project work, feature requests and bug fixes.
- Prioritise tasks & workload based on releases and deadlines without instruction
- Utilise Jira & Microsoft Teams to record work
- Identify system bugs and raise accordingly on Jira, providing the relevant information required for the developers to be able to fix.
- Document any testing undertaken, passed or failed, and record findings on Jira.
- Identify features/enhancements that would improve systems and be beneficial to the user's experience.
- Work closely with the developers, making sure any failed tasks are dealt with accordingly and in a timely manner if required.
- Generating test scripts for each set of testing, tailoring to suit the testing criteria.
- Document any new functionality implemented into the new system, sending to all users informing of the changes.
- Understand the Specification documents for each project.
- Proactively look for ways to improve processes and testing
- Create automated tests scripts to benefit regression testing, using an automated testing tool such as Selenium
- Ensure that all released software is functionally complete and tested in a timely manner.