|Listed on:||16th September|
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with OTC/Alternative Investments and Insurance Linked Securities experience to join Private Assets Technology. The Private Assets Technology team is responsible for overseeing the delivery of a change transformation programme for our ILS business.
We need someone who is a good communicator, proactive and has the strength and knowledge to challenge and innovate.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
The team delivers to multiple business areas within Private Assets (Real Estate, ILS, Private Equity, Infrastructure), this role is focussed on ILS.
This is not an ordinary BA role. A Senior Business Analyst is responsible for owning and managing the work items assigned to them; working with business and technology stakeholders directly and coordinating with third party software vendors. You will be involved at every stage of the software development lifecycle.
We enjoy solving problems together and are focused on delivering value to our clients.
What you'll do
Representing Private Assets Technology to multiple stakeholders across numerous projects to ensure the delivery of solutions that deliver business benefit. Key aspects of the role will include:
• Analysis of functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
• Led by example through setting analysis standards and project approaches
• Facilitate Agile (SAFe) delivery by acting as a Scrum Master
• Work with business SMEs to write and enrich user stories/features for the development team to work on
• Support the delivery lead through ad-hoc analysis requests and planning exercises
• Produce MI and artefacts for senior stakeholders
• Support the delivery team to increase efficiency and effectiveness through self organisation
• Propose new ideas/ways of working to elicit change requests from the business
• Further integrate the ILS business into Schroders Group
• Support business users with ad-hoc queries
• Support the full project lifecycle through to implementation
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• 5+ years experience of working in Asset Management & Change/Technology
• Exposure to OTC / Alternative Investments
• Exposure to Insurance Linked Securities
• Working with senior stakeholders and users
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem-solving skills
• Strong relationship management and ability to engage both Technology and Business stakeholders
• Track-record of delivery within large programmes
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
• International Diploma in Business Analysis
• Fundamentals of Alternative Investments (FAI) Certificate
• Investment Operations Certificate (IOC)
• Competence using Azure DevOps (ADO)
• Structured analysis techniques
• Able to challenge stakeholders diplomatically but robustly when appropriate
• Multi-disciplined and able to provide support throughout SDLC
• Capable of balancing timely delivery against strategic development
• Detailed and logical approach with full traceability of analysis
• Pro-active and delivery-focused
What you'll be like
• A team oriented individual
• Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.
Contact Name: Schroders
Job ID: 2854239