Job Title: Maintenance & Project Planner
Location: Ellesmere Port, Stanlow
Salary: Competitive dependant on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm)
Closing Date: 28th September 2020
The Company is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Their main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005.
Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities have been built in the Stanlow area. They specialise in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
Purpose of the Role:
To plan and schedule all aspects of maintenance & engineering activities, ensuring focus is always maintained on safety, efficiency, and reliability improvement, as well as tight cost control. The role will be based at Stanlow but will support other UK sites, including the Oil Terminal (Ellesmere Port) and the Site at Motherwell as necessary.
The role may be required to cover other leadership roles in the Engineering and Maintenance function when required. This is a day-based role, but additional flexibility is expected outside of core hours at shutdowns and plant outages.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of planning and scheduling within the end to end maintenance process
- Plan and schedule corrective/preventative maintenance activities using the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Plan and schedule shutdown and project work
- Improve the sites safety and reliability by planning jobs that eliminate defects and improve the plant
- Ensure maintenance activities are planned and scheduled efficiently, within budget
- Manage, prioritise and organise notifications and work orders within the CMMS
- Ensure all Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) / License to Operate schedules are planned and completed on time
- Chair weekly planning/scheduling meetings ensuring a robust schedule is developed with operations
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are kept up to date with progress through regular feedback
- Develop stores material management to ensure suitability and availability of critical spares, both stock and non-stock, to maximise plant up-time
- Ensure that procurement processes are used to get the best value possible
- Prepare and monitor KPIs to drive performance improvements. Engage and support Continuous Improvement initiatives across Site
- Coach and develop deputies and technicians who have less experience of planning and working to a plan
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Safety, Health and Environment
- Carry out all activities in line with the Company's SH&E rules and guidelines
- Always wear Personal Protection Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
- Always work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately
- Ensure all staff and visitors operate in compliance with Safety Regulations
- Make yourself aware of all Emergency procedures and Responses
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
- IOSH/NEBOSH - Workplace Safety
- HNC or equivalent
- Several years' experience of maintenance planning within the Oil/Gas/Chemical Industry
- Experience of maintenance engineering standards
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Good IT Skills (Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
- Experienced of computer maintenance management systems
- Experience of critical spares management
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Experience liaising with managers and contractors in project planning
- Planning & Organising
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Budget awareness
- Developing others
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of Maintenance Engineer, Project Planner, Project Management, Project Development Manager, Construction Planner, Project Implementation Manager, Procurement Manager, Production Planner, MS Project, Asta, Construction Scheduler, Project Scheduler, Manufacturing Planner, Construction Delivery Manager, Design Planner may also be considered for this role.