IT Project Manager
The successful candidate will be SC Cleared eligible or willing to undergo the relevant checks.
We are actively looking to secure a number of Project Manager's to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Our client is looking for experienced Project Manager's to help deliver IT change across their complex IT estate whilst they move towards their strategic Cloud vision. The successful applicant will manage one or more projects, typically delivering a specific service migration via a multi-disciplinary team. Part of your role will be to drive forward change and continuous improvement whilst delivering complex cloud migration projects.
- Schedule management: develop and maintain schedules in Clarity/Open Workbench
- Financial management: Accountable for the project cost base, manage project costs and forecasts and present project costs and variances with required explanations at the monthly M review
- Risk management: identify project and cross-project risks and dependencies. Manage dependencies and enact risk mitigations with escalations as necessary
- Change management: Manage change on the project ensuring that change is appropriately configuration managed. Identify the impactors for both customer and project initiated change requests and manage the production of accurate responses in a timely manner. Facilitate the production and distribution of any necessary tech notes and arrange impacting workshops as necessary
- Customer management: Identify and maintain professional relationships with key project stakeholders. Ensure regular formal checkpoints take place with the customer and that the client is kept appraised of progress on a regular basis. Take the role of a single point of contact for the customer and attend to any ad-hoc queries. Develop trusting and professional relationships at all levels of the client organisation. Seek new opportunities to improve the client business and generate revenue.
- Resource management: Work with resource managers to fully resource project and accurately forecast and record staffing demand and costs. Agree assignments and provide reviews in a timely manner. Ensure that HR policies are adhered to and that team members are released when no longer required by the project. Actively mentor and coach others within the project team
- Proposal management: Good level of commercial awareness, develop and present business cases, feasibility and design proposals. Proficient at managing the impacting and estimating process for proposals and change requests. Develop solid recommendations and solutions and assess requirements and the value delivered to the client
- Communication management: Produce the project governance plan and define the project RACI matrix and organisation structure. Chair regular project checkpoints and ad-hoc meetings. Report project progress to line management, client, stakeholders and the account leadership team. Where necessary, provide clear and concise escalations to specific parties
- Implementation management: Manage and direct the execution and implementation of the engagement. Ensure that the project completes the handover to Live process and engages service introduction. Raise the necessary RFC's and present the project/delivery at the Change Approval Board. Agree client acceptance criteria and trial plans and ensure that the project meets the required targets. Complete the project close-down and ensure that the project evaluation review meeting is held in a timely manner and that any actions arising are completed
Technical Skills: Open Work Bench, Clarity, MS Office, UPM
Business Skills: Good communicator, Ability to influence and coach others, Excellent team working skills, Strong understanding of the E2E process, Good client facing skills, Excellent conflict management and negotiation skills
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.