Rosyth - Candidates who can work out of Devonport, Warrington, Bristol, or Leicester will also be considered.
Negotiable Hourly Rate
Contract will start in January 2021 and last up to 6 Months
My client, a UK and internationally recognised leading provider of critical and complex engineering services are seeking an experienced designer who has an electrical background within the engineering or maritime sector. This exciting project will be launching in January 2021, so candidates are required to be available to start in the new year.
The ideal candidate will hold a valid SC Clearance or be eligible to undergo the process.
Experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects, new builds and Installation Solutions (Alterations & Additions for existing ships and submarines).
* Experience interpreting electrical single line diagrams / block diagrams / schematics & standard design details for power & control and instrumentation systems.
* CAD experience, creating 3D cable containment models (Ladder / Tray / Basket / Transits) using Foran, Tribon, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Hexagon S3D or other similar modelling packages.
* Experience designing and managing the routing of electrical cables using appropriate standards, software and segregation rules to produce Black-line production outputs.
* Experience preparing & producing 2D electrical marine drawing deliverables to required standards & within budget / schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings).
* Good understanding of naval marine, engineering & design practices.
* Experience of working through a design lifecycle with a particular focus on detail design.
* Ability to liaise with colleagues & stakeholders to resolve issues during the design lifecycle.
* Experience building HS&E requirements into design tasks.
* Experience producing & updating 'as-built' / datum pack documentation.
I have many exciting opportunities coming up with this client over the remainder of 2020 and in early 2021 so please send your CV through and see what we can offer you!