Digital Dev Ops
Public Sector Client
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Remote for now but will be in London
Salary: £660 Max
Security Clearance: Active SC or higher
Our client currently host around 80 live services and microservices, with more in development.
Our client is modernising its Platform provision to enable greater automation of development including automatic scaling, reduced support costs, as well as reduced risks of human error.
Migration of services to the new platform reutilises shared central infrastructure and will allow our client to decommission the existing platform, thereby enabling cost savings.
A Dev-Ops engineer is therefore required to oversee incidents, meet security standards and maintain service continuity for our critical services.
Detailed deliverable for the engagement
- Infrastructure (INF) Ongoing Cloud Hosting Digital Platform (CHDP) Platform critical server maintenance
- Maintenance completed on a regular basis
- Security patching completed for the agreed servers in the maintenance window in accordance with the security agreed timescales as prioritised by the Delivery Manager
- INF Support Data seeding for Data Replication Data seeding complete
- Completed data seeding to Security agreed design and standards
- INF Ongoing Platform maintenance and upgrades Maintenance completed on a regular basis Upgrades and security patching completed within the security agreed timescale as prioritised by the Delivery Manager
- INF Provide on-call services for the platforms On-call services provided. On-call services provided or swapped with other engineers as per the rota
Skills (including specialist skills) and/or knowledge required
- Server maintenance
2. Operating and maintaining services within the digital estate
3. Security patching to maintain servers
4. Live Service Management of digital services, including DDaT approach to service management
5. Knowledge of security standards
6. Change management processes
7. Project delivery governance
8. Coaching and mentoring
9. Knowledge of agile delivery context
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.