A local authority based in SE London, are currently looking for a Web Officer, for an initial 3 month contract. The role will be inside IR35. The pay rate will be between £200 to £250 per day.
- To develop and deliver suitable content for the Council's website, including its online forms, and source graphics and pictures where appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of the look and feel of the website and other UX-related projects in accordance with corporate style guidelines and best practice.
- To contribute to user acceptance testing as part of the Council's online form and webpage development.
- To provide analytical reports for sections of the website.
- To contribute to web components development and refinements, using front-end web technologies, ensuring the web platform meets technical and accessibility standards.
- To contribute to new web functionality specifications, log support and development tickets for web contractors and developers and test the deployed code.
- To respond to customer web enquiries and web-related complaints, and support colleagues in other teams dealing with feedback on website and online transactions.
- To support development, train content owners and maintain functionality and look and feel of Intranet.
- To work with CRM and other form developers and Communications Team to test and edit content on online transactions under the direction of the change and innovation manager.
- Knowledge of best practice on the web including developing and iterating user journeys, usability and accessibility.
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of the issues of managing the reputation of the organisation whilst maintaining transparency and openness.
- Knowledge of activities and operations of local government.
- Knowledge of web analytics concepts and software (Google Analytics).
- Experience of using content management systems (Sitecore is an advantage).
- Experience of maintaining and writing web content.
- Experience of training colleagues.
- Experience of working on Microsoft platforms, including Office 365, Outlook, Word and Excel.
Please do apply with your most up to date CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back on your application with 48 hours, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.