£41000 - £42000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Maintain the Radar, Navigational Aids and Communications for Air Traffic Control.
Capacity: Providing serviceable equipment in accordance with AP600 and Local procedures Culture: Develop an effective environment that facilitates vibrant and collaborative working within their team and group in line with QinetiQ leadership behaviours and values. Change: Responsible for ensuring a smooth transition to the new organisational model.
Working for the majority of the time as an Airfield Technician ensuring the serviceability of Radars, Navigational Aids and Communications. Provide Technical assistance to other departments and sites as required. Customer & Industry Relations: As part of our team you will work towards building strong relationships with the RAF SATCO and his team of Controllers and Assistants. Collaboration: Working with other Maintainers around the business you will share best practice as we look to continually improve our service delivery. You may be expected to travel to other sites to provide support up to 10% of your time.
* Have worked in a similar role previously.
* Have knowledge of Military ATM engineering, maintenance and support functions. * Be self-motivated.
* Have the ability to manage a varied workload under pressure.
* Have a 'hands on' attitude.
* Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Have good communication skills (both written and oral) and service provision/customer focused.
* Be willing to travel.
* Be adaptable and willing to work flexible hours.
* Be eligible for SC Clearance
Experience & Qualifications
The following are desirable for this role and appropriate training will be provided as required:
* Proven history in maintaining Watchman primary surveillance radars with currency and qualification.
* Proven history in maintaining mono-pulse secondary surveillance radars with currency and qualification.
* Proven history in maintaining Mascot mincomms systems with currency and qualification.
* Being a Skilled Climber.
* Have current/previous experience of maintaining the following equipment's; ground to air communications (transmitters, receivers, transceivers and aerials), voice recorders, instrument landing systems, high resolution direction finders, navigational beacons (TACAN) and precision approach radars.
* Have previously held/have the ability to hold an airfield driving licence.
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button.