|Listed on:||24th August|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
As part of a large team, the role of the IT Infrastructure engineer is to:
* The design, development, build and validation of IT infrastructure, virtualisation components and creation zero touch automation packages
* Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
* Supporting wider system testing activities.
* Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (both server and client)
o Automated deployment of server, network or storage technologies across multiple vendors.
* VMwarevirtualised infrastructure experience o VMware ESXi
o VMware vSAN
o VMware vCenter
o VMware NSX
o VMware Horizon
* Basic Linux CLI knowledge
* Experience with Security Monitoring Software
* CCENT or equivalent level networking experience
* Microsoft PowerShell v4 o Advanced Automated Administration
o Creating complex PowerShell automation modules for production systems
o Advanced PowerShell coding features e.g. Workflows, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Bare Metal Deployment.
* Competency in MS Office Suite.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
* Hold a valid Security Clearance (SC).
* Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test work.
* ITIL foundation knowledge (change management etc)
* Knowledge of Microsoft server applications (such as SCCM)
* Networking certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), VMware Network Virtualisation (NSX-DC) or similar Qualifications
* At least one of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
o Virtualisation certification - VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar.
o Windows Server certification - MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) / MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or similar.
o Software Development certification - OCA (Oracle Certified Associate) or similar.
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button.