|Listed on:||24th August|
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
QinetiQ are currently in the process of modernising and automating the monitoring of service and machine data using Splunk IT Service Intelligence. We are looking for an individual to provide Splunk Systems Engineering and Administration expertise, supporting the monitoring of QinetiQ's information and business services.
* Internal and external point of contact for the opportunity on all technical/engineering aspects and assurance for Splunk
* Devising of solution concepts which capture the problem to be solved and/or essential features of the outline solution
* Engaging with customers, other stakeholders, suppliers, and other technical disciplines to help develop an appropriate understanding of the problem and to form the basis of viable solutions
* To contribution to the wider QinetiQ digital transformation strategy in Analytics, Military Intelligence and AI
* Point of escalation from the tier 2 support function for Splunk related issues
* Sharing of knowledge and experience
*Supporting of DevOps processes and promotion of Agile ways of working
* Applying security measures as required Key Capabilities
* Administration of an Enterprise Level distributed Splunk implementation. i.e. Search Head and Indexer Clustering.
* Onboarding a wide data sources. need to be able to write your own TA's for custom data feeds and make them CIM compliant as well as be confident in tweaking Splunkbase TA's.
* Splunk IT Service Intelligence Administration. Design and Creation of services and their associated KPI, alerts and correlation searches.
* Linux Centos/Redhat for Splunk Administration.
* General IT systems engineering design and implementation. Need to have a decent overall understanding of Enterprise IT systems. Networks, Platforms, Infrastructure.
* Ability to manage and resolve complex issues relating to Splunk capability.
* Able to communicate effectively, think creatively and working collaboratively with the wider IT Team.
* Strong core splunk skills. Searching, Reporting, Alerting, making dashboards etc.
Experience & Qualifications
* Security Clearance at a minimum of SC.
* ITIL v3.0 Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation.
* Knowledge of ISO 27001.
* Working with adaptive thresholds, correlation searches, metrics and metrics analysis, alerting and such.
* Splunk Enterprise Security operation and management
* Business Systems Services and Requirements. I.e. non IT Data, not all pie charts are about hard drives.
* Experience in working in agile teams, DevOps environments and processes
* Automation processes, systems and tools like Ansible.
*Modern documentation practises.
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button.
Contact Name: Qinetiq
Job ID: 2848918