We are looking for a User Researcher to join our Digital Services Team. You will be responsible for planning and conducting user research within the Department for Transport (DfT), gathering user experience insights from throughout the Department from a variety of partners.
This is a people centred role and will typically suit individuals with superb social/ interpersonal skills.
You will be actively involved with the Head of User Research and Design and the rest of the growing User Research and Design team, and have the chance to create positive working relationships across DfT. Role responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Scoping, crafting and carrying out user research.
• Aligning user research with Departmental plans and embedding practices across the Department.
• Analysing user research data and producing insights to inform business and technology decisions.
• Helping to prioritise and coordinate user experience needs.
• Resolving any potential conflicts between user and experience requirements.
• Explaining the costs and benefits of user research activities and advising on the risks resulting from poor user experience. About you
We are looking for a confident communicator who holds some understanding of and experience using user research methods. You will be a diligent individual with an eye for detail and analytics who will have responsibility for choosing appropriate methods for the right scenario and executing them confidently and effectively.
You will love working as part of multidisciplinary teams often using an agile methodology, and will enjoy investing time to generate a common focus and genuine team spirit. You are a strong advocate for change and continuous improvement and someone who handles change well and can adapt easily to changing environments. We need someone with good communication skills and the confidence to provide mentorship and robust recommendations to internal and external colleagues and stakeholders. Your engagement and relationship building skills will enable you to influence and challenge at all levels.