|Listed on:||18th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £40,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Full Stack Developer
Temple Back, Bristol (Office/Home Based)
Development Initiatives (DI) is an international development organisation that focuses on putting data-driven decision-making at the heart of poverty eradication.
Our vision is a world without poverty that invests in human security and where everyone shares the benefits of opportunity and growth.
We provide rigorous information to support better decisions, influence policy outcomes, increase accountability and strengthen the use of data to eradicate poverty.
DI played a key role in establishing IATI, a global initiative striving to improve the transparency of development and humanitarian resources and their results for addressing poverty and crises.
We are now looking for a Full Stack Developer to join us in Bristol and support IATI.
- Salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum DOE
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days' holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days' paid leave for charitable work volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
This is the ideal role for a software design professional to advance their career and impact global poverty and the manner in which resources are handled and distributed.
You'll have the chance to make a difference through your work and utilise your skills for the greater good. This is a rare opportunity within the development sphere and one that should not be missed.
As a Full Stack Developer, you'll be tasked with building new open source software and enhancing existing software to ensure that the IATI team has optimised systems to work with.
Reporting to the Senior Developer, you will
- Enhance the quality of software through incremental refactoring, automation and continuous deployments
- Improve the understanding of IATI data through the products that we support and maintain
- Work with technical experts from governments, foundations, NGOs and developing country agencies
- Help to improve the tools and data available to end users
- Track, analyse, fix and report software bugs and issues
- Participate in technical discussions and work to improve the IATI Standard
- Work alongside Business and Data Analysts, the Communications Advisor, the Technical Delivery Manager and the Team Lead
To be considered as a Full Stack Developer, you will need:
- An understanding of software design principles
- The ability to write code that scales and is well tested
- An interest in using your technical skills for social good
- To be a continuous learner with an interest in self-improvement
- A collaborative approach and a ‘can do' attitude
Other organisations may call this role Software Designer, Software Design Engineer, Python Developer, Developer, Software Developer, Lead Software Application Developer, Python Programmer or Programmer.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Full Stack Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.