FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind " to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That's no easy task, which is why we're so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we'll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we're committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel " A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook " America's #1 sports betting app
- TVG " The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing " A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino " Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet " A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars " The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
We're looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a software engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You classify, store, and handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, and dependencies or your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
- You clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- On-call rotation where required.
- In the event of a problem, you are able to troubleshoot, research the root cause of problems, and thoroughly resolve defects.
- You provide excellent customer support.
- You participate in the interview process and help your team train SE interns.
- You will keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks.
What we're looking for in our next teammate. Experience in:
- Delivering both front and back end implementation for systems within a distributed and highly scalable environment.
- Backend system and API development using multiple languages (predominantly via Java & Node.js, Python knowledge advantageous).
- Front end application development using web frameworks such as AngularJS and hybrid app development using React Native.
- Usage of SQL (MySQL variant as preference) with understanding of RDBMS concepts.
- Knowledge and understanding of the usage of ORM software such as Hibernate / Bookshelf.
- Also desirable would be knowledge of automation based tooling and how this can be leveraged across full development methodology (Unit / Integration testing / Pipeline delivery tooling such as Jenkins / Scripting).
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Involvement in shipping and supporting high quality products and services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines and stakeholders.
- Experience writing functional tests.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.