EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
IT End-User Computing Architect
This post is for a limited duration of 4 years (non-renewable) and is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations' salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
The closing date for applications is 14 September 2020.
You will report to the Head of the End-User Project and Evolution Section, in the Service Division of the ESA Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services, and be responsible for the efficient and proper design, management and delivery of the assigned IT End User Computing project activities.
Your tasks include:
- designing, enhancing and implementing the End User Computer platform and infrastructure to support the requirements of the business with an eye for continual improvement, including speed of delivery and user experience;
- ensuring alignment of solutions evolution with the overall IT architecture landscape, in particular with the strategic move towards the Office 365 IT ecosystem;
- following the evolution of the Office 365 landscape on the market and providing support for the definition of roadmaps and strategy of the IT department;
- analysing and developing the processes related to the migration of ESA User Services to MS Office 365;
- supporting the development of a business plan related to the adoption of MS Office 365;
- monitoring and controlling the MS Office 365 adoption project scope, cost, schedule, quality, issues and risks, taking appropriate actions in case of deviations and escalating critical topics to the governance hierarchy established for the project, in order to ensure speedy resolution of problems and maintain project progress;
- identifying areas for improvement in business processes/areas providing possible solutions compliant with the IT strategy;
- providing regular and comprehensive status and progress reports, covering scope, cost, schedule and quality, to the Head of Section and Department management, as required;
- providing expert support to business counterparts and operations, as required;
- ensuring quality compliance, as per QMS procedures, and managing projects according to the methodology adopted.
- IT architecture design
- Project and technical management
- Messaging, collaboration and document management systems
- Computer systems engineering
- Information security technology
- Knowledge of ESA corporate IT services
- Knowledge of corporate information systems
- Planning & Organisation
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Innovation & Creativity
- Customer Focus
You should have a Master's degree in the Information Technology domain.
Proven experience in the introduction of MS Office 365 in a complex organization is required.
In addition, you should have:
- a strong results orientation with the ability to set priorities and present practical solutions both orally and in writing
- the ability to manage challenging situations proactively and constructively and to be customer focused.
For more information on how to apply, please clicks the "Apply" button.