EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
IT Finance Application Portfolio Manager
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations' salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
The closing date for applications is 14 September 2020.
IT Finance Application Portfolio Manager in the Project and Portfolio Management Section, Application Services Division, Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services.
Under the direct authority of the Head of Section, you will be responsible for efficiently and properly managing and delivering IT solutions related to the Agency's finance processes.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- supporting customer representatives in the definition of business needs and requirements;
- translating and consolidating those requirements into technical specifications;
- planning and implementing agreed IT solutions, throughout the project life cycle, from preparation to closure, including analysis, design, development (i.e. instantiation, composition and customisation of tools), testing and hand-over to operations and managing all related procurements and contracts;
- organising and leading project teams and managing supplier performance;
- monitoring and controlling project scope, cost, schedule, quality, issues and risk, taking appropriate action on any deviations and ensuring compliance with QMS procedures and adopted project methodology;
- regular and comprehensive status and progress reporting to the Head of Section and governance hierarchy, prioritising critical topics as required;
- providing expert support to business counterparts, identifying areas for improvement in business processes, providing possible solutions compliant with the IT strategy;
- monitoring the evolution of portfolio-related solutions available on the market and providing advice;
- performing any other activities deemed appropriate to cope with emerging needs within the Department.
You will also support:
- business change managers in identifying potential change management issues and devising appropriate solutions;
- the definition of roadmaps, including high-level needs analysis, solution evaluation and preparation of business cases related to proposed solutions;
- the solution architect by aligning evolving solutions with the overall Corporate Information System architecture, regarding any change within the related portfolio involving major or minor enhancements;
- the Department's internal cost planning by preparing and ensuring accurate planning and forecasting.
- SAP knowledge, mainly financial modules (FI-modules)
- Knowledge of SAP industry solution for public sector
- Delivery of complex projects within cost and schedule
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organisation
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Responsible Decision-Making
- Relationship Management
You should have a Master's degree in IT engineering or in a relevant business area.
You should have solid work experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration. Knowledge of integration between SAP SRM and finance with experience of SAP finance solutions (SAP S4/HANA included) are essential; project management certification would be an asset.
You should also have:
- at least fifteen years' proven experience in the design, build and deployment of SAP Finance systems;
- proven experience of processes and systems integration;
- proven experience of at least one successful live SAP S/4HANA conversion finance system;
- extensive knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting and planning processes;
- excellent presentation and negotiating skills are required together with the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment;
- experience of working in a multicultural public-sector environment.
For more information on how to apply, please click the "Apply" button.