Level 3 Wintel / VDI Support - DV Cleared
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Level 3 WINTEL and VDI Services shall include:
* Installation, configuration, deployment and maintenance of third party software, products and services relating to Core Services;
* Contributing to Knowledge Articles including creating, reviewing and retiring Knowledge Articles;
* Liaising and working collaboratively with other Authority Third Parties, Resolver Groups, NATO and any other persons to implement Service Changes and technical changes and resolve Level 3 WINTEL Incidents, Level 3 WINTEL Problems and Level 3 WINTEL Defects;
* In conjunction with the Level 3 WINTEL and VDI Design Engineers, provide any other support reasonably requested to support the redesign of the WINTEL and VDI (or either of them) elements of the LBS Services.
Core Skills & Experience required:
* Microsoft Windows Server 2012 r2 or later
* AD and NTFS Permissions;
* Group Policy;
* SANS; and
* Microsoft HyperV virtualization
* Active Directory & Group Policy design management, design and support
* High understanding of networking technologies and troubleshooting
* Storage systems technology experience (SAN/NAS)
* Powershell and other scripting experience
* Microsoft WSUS and SCCM design, management, troubleshooting
* Veaam Backup and Replication.
* VMware ESXi to include:
o Distributed Virtual Switches;
o Distributed Resource Scheduler; and
o Distributed Power Manager.
* VMWare vSAN to include Hybrid and all Flash Storage Configurations.
* VMWare vCentre:
o High Availability (Hubs);
o Clustering; and
o Cross-site failure and resiliency.
* VMWare NSX to include Micro-segmentation and Distributed Firewalling.
* VMWare Horizon:
o AppStacks; and
o Zero and Thin Client Deployment Strategies.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.