The role of the IT Business Analyst is to analyse, refine & liaise on business requirements, translating these into IT requirements which enable delivery to the business.
- Serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organisation in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Analyse business operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organisation and manages changes to such specifications.
- Educate the IT organisation on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
- To ensure business applications and processes support Clients process to enable effective delivery of the business.
- To keep current with trends, issues and developments within the IT organisation including current technologies, sourcing models, service/project methods, process and prices, in order to inform business cases and support effective prioritisation of resources for best business benefit.
- To coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders across the business to define business and systems requirements for application enhancements and deployments so that process and IT change achieves the maximum benefit.
- To contribute IT-related knowledge to development of web applications to ensure that the Client takes appropriate advantage of modern IT capabilities in supporting its growth ambitions
- To analyse and challenge IT and process improvement requests and to translate them into system solutions designs, taking account of the wider process and IT landscape, so that process and IT change achieves the maximum benefit.
- To diagnose system behaviour, and then conceive and test changes to applications to meet evolving business needs or solve problems
- To ensure availability of appropriate guidance and training in use of IT applications, to promote efficient conduct of business
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Strong Business Analysis knowledge including Business Process Modelling and Business Case preparation.
- Good technical understanding of the application development lifecycle.
- Excellent technical investigative and analytical skills
- Good capability to apply requirements engineering techniques.
- Ability to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations
- Able to collaborate with clients inside and outside the business, and have a strong desire to excel.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to both technical and non-technical audience
- Able to work independently as well as be a team player and to manage own workload
- Able to multi-task and prioritise to ensure project deadlines are met whilst resolving critical BAU issues
Experience & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or equivalent intellectual status
- Qualifications in Business Analysts (e.g. BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA) or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of COTS software selection
- Experience in software development lifecycle, especially requirements, testing and benefits realisation
- Expertise in Requirements Engineering
- Experience of engaging and influencing stakeholders at all levels
Due to the nature of the role candidates are required to hold an active SC clearance or be willing/eligible to undergo the process.
If you feel you are suitable, please send in your CV