Security Assurance Coordinator - SC CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
6th August 2020
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Security Assurance Coordinator
To accord with the Government-mandated Accreditation process, where the intention is to field an Information & Communications Technology (ICT) system to process protectively marked or business critical information, a project or business team will invite the assistance of an expert Information Assurance (IA) advisor. Within MOD projects the accreditation process should be facilitated by a Security Assurance Coordinator (SAC). The SAC provides the vital interface between the Accreditor, the supplier, the project team and the end user community, ensuring that all aspects of security are delivered throughout the project lifecycle.
The employment of the SAC enables project managers to oversee the wider issues of the project; project costs, delivery dates, user satisfaction, etc., without having to worry about liaison with security regulators (Accreditors), production of security documents, changes to security policies, and an endless list of tasks or fact-finding processes that could otherwise be performed by the SAC.
The SAC monitors and reports to the Accreditor, Information Asset Owner and Project Management Team on all security matters relating to the project. They will attend all security meetings and may chair them on behalf of the Project Manager.
The primary tasks of the SAC are to:
* Ensure that security stakeholders roles required for the project have been identified, are aware of their responsibilities in fulfilling the role, and are suitably briefed;
* Coordinate, consider, witness, manage and report on all security requirements for the project, ensuring they are completed professionally, efficiently and to schedule, and that they are fit for purpose and compliant with relevant policy and legislation;
* Ensure all appropriate actions are taken to achieve accreditation;
* Provide advice on security policy covering both policy that is already in place e.g., HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF), Departmental Policy (JSP440), IEC/ISO 27001 controls and the creation of new security-related documents for the project, such as a RMADS), relevant legislation (e.g. Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act), technical solutions, risk management and IA;
* Ensure all cryptographic requirements are met;
* Monitor and report on project security requirements and issues as they arise, reporting unresolved issues to the IAO, Accreditor, Project Manager and supplier (where necessary);
* Organise the project security meetings and chair them on behalf of the Project Manager, if required;
* Be responsible for the production of all security deliverables (e.g., security documentation, testing witness reports) and ensuring they are fit for purpose and delivered on schedule; and,
* Create, update and manage the Security Risk Register and ensure it is reviewed at the security meetings
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.