The Lead Infrastructure Analyst role will play a key part in shaping and delivering the MPS cloud strategy, including delivering of new technologies and working approaches. Leading the technical team as an SME within the Azure space to deliver and manage technical Infrastructure across the MPS Group to ensure we can provide a high quality, trusted, service to our members. This will be achieved through the design, maintenance, and day to day management of IT platforms which are scalable, reliable, resilient and performant.
- Help shape and promote best practices throughout the Infrastructure Team
- Senior point of technical escalation Incidents and Problems.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement across all areas of the Infrastructure team and act accordingly
- Perform technical lead role for various projects of differing complexity and scale as defined by the Infrastructure managers
- Consult with other LIAs and Infrastructure Technical Manager on technical strategy as the cloud SME and actively contribute to decisions, recommendations, and overall direction
- Peer review change requests as part of the change management process and deputise for the Infrastructure Technical Manager as necessary
- Provide out of hours Infrastructure and triage support for MPS core systems as part of the on-call team
- Working with other D&C Teams to deliver effective Service Management (Incident, Request, Problem) to internal colleagues and Teams, making best use of the tools available.
- Working across with the wider Digital & Change division to deliver Change of varying complexity in line with defined processes and adhering to in place governance.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve service delivery, contributing ideas and making suggestions on how processes, tooling, solutions, and ways of working can be enhanced, taking the initiative on implementing these where possible.
- Obtain quotes for products and services relating to projects and for essential maintenance work and consultative work, presenting costs in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate a general awareness of current information security issues and technical threats, how they may affect MPS systems and the types of preventative and remedial activity which may be undertaken to address them.
- As the technology landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving trends, solutions and principles; making recommendations where relevant as to how MPS could utilise these.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company:
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world's leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members' side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
If interested, please click the apply now button!