|Listed on:||27th July|
Lead Data Engineer / Datawarehouse / Data Manager
Joining an established business who process millions of customer data for a range of blue chip clients on a daily basis, the Lead Data Engineer forms part of a new capability within the business to better manage how they will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems, constructing datasets which are easy to analyse and which support the business requirements. This role will develop a Data team and become the Data Manager for the business, the role offers a very clear career path from Lead Data Engineer to Data Manager.
The Lead Data Engineer will require strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources, be detail-oriented and striving for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. playing a pivotal part in developing the existing data platform to keep up with the rapid growth of the business and maintain the accuracy and ease of use of the system alongside this.
* Designing and building multi-dimensional data warehousing and downstream cubes/marts
* Building and managing ETL routines
* Implementing and managing data analytics tools
* Building MI reports
* Building and maintaining data dictionaries
* Build data systems and pipelines
* Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
* Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
* Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
* Identify opportunities for data acquisition
* Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems
* Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
* Write ETL scripts and code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally
* Design, Develop, Test and Support data collection and integration with ETL applications.
* Implement tight data controls to ensure a seamless flow of data around the organisation.
* Model data requirements, sources and flows to bring structure to large programmes of work.
* Own the lifecycle development of corporate data assets.
* Define metadata for searchability and governance of unstructured data.
* Undertake data mapping design, analysis and profiling activities.
* Design data models needed within ETL application components.
* Strong background in Data Engineering and Architecture.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Power BI, Tableau & Clickview
* Experience of the Azure ecosystem is desirable.
* Demonstrable experience of ETL Management platforms (Talend / ETLWorks etc)
* Track record that of implementing end-to-end data solutions and ELT/ETL pipeline development skills.
* Maintain and optimize the Data Warehouse solution to maximize performance.
* Experience working with solutions in the Cloud is desirable.
* Implement dashboards on Power BI for data analysis.
* Strong experience with SQL
* Solid experience of Jet Reports
* Good documentation experience.
* Ability to communicate well with key stakeholders and non-technical audiences.
* Ability and eagerness to rapidly learn new languages/frameworks as required.
* Strong experience in implementing data governance
* Knowledge of Data Management best practices
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Data engineer, datawarehouse, BI developer, leeds, sheffield, yorkshire
Job ID: 2842192