UK based: Workng from Home, Manchester Glasgow or London
The End User Services Manager is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of End User Services to esure. End User Services includes but is not limited to Desktop Services, Printing and Telephony. The role is accountable for managing day-to-day service delivery, inventory and asset management, service level metrics and strategic planning of the estate. The Desktop Services Team is split over the three esure sites, so management of staff remote from your location is key.
The role will be an essential part of supporting esure's Blueprint Digital transformation plan. Supporting both the core business functions and the needs of the Digital transformation team of over 150 staff. This will include but not restricted to:
Execution and management of a refreshed and cloud managed Windows 10 device (Laptop, Desktop, Tablet, Mobile App) estate
Cloud Migration / Re-platforming of current Windows 2012/2016 and SQL environment to a cloud service provider which will be under 3rd Party Management
The above to complete between 2021 - 2023, therefore proven experience of re-platforming and management of a cloud-based Windows environment with associated vendor management experience is essential.
Additionally as required:-
Provide 24/7 incident support management as per duty incident manager rota.
- ITIL Foundation as a minimum, prefer ITIL practitioner or manager level
- At least 5 years' experience managing geographically dispersed teams and owning either telephony or desktop estates, preferably both.
- Positive, can-do attitude to problem resolution and interaction with the end-user community.
- Have an awareness of your audience and be able to tailor your language and approach to suit them.
- Good team player whose attitude and behaviour enhances team performance and promotes a positive attitude and a whole company mindset
- Customer focused. Able to adapt style to suit a situation and deal with demanding situations with a degree of patience.
- Able to make decisions and judgements and recognise the impact of them.
- Reliable and willing to work a shift pattern and flexible to cover annual leave, sickness or other.
- Be prepared to take accountability and guide your team to own the problem.
End User Services - working knowledge:
- Peripheral and asset management experience for multi-functional devices, laptops and mobile user devices
- The appropriate management of audio visual equipment such as video conferencing, projectors, smartboards, flat-screen TVs
- The management, commissioning and support of end-user devices such as PCs, Wyse thin-client devices, laptops, mobile phones, smart phones and telephone handsets.
- Management of a contact centre telephony environment preferably with Avaya/Verint technology experience
- Experience managing distributed IT infrastructure in a high pressure environment.
- Patching network and telephone cables within computer room patch frames and at the end/desk connection point
- Management of Windows 2012 Server (or later) housekeeping activities such as backups, user administration, allocation of permissions
- The provision of support with business continuity activities
- XenApp, XenDesktop, Desktop/Laptop Client, software delivery and software packaging environments
What we will offer to you in return:
- 35 hour working week - 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila's Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer's renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila's Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for family)
- Discretional bonus
- Festive Bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
- esure4u - (benefits platform)
- A number of cycling related offers including 10%-20% off at Halfords
- 5, 10 and 15 Year Service Awards
- Working From Home
Contact Name: Germaine Collier
Job ID: 2841661