ZeroLight is seeking an experienced senior engineer to take on the role of Associate Technical Director within its Cloud team. This role will report to our Technical Director and will take responsibility for designing and implementing solutions to challenging technical problems in the area of 3D interactive applications.
We're looking for candidates who have had previous experience taking overall responsibility for technical delivery on a project and proven problem-solving skills. We're keen to find someone who shares our passion for pushing the boundaries of software engineering to create outstanding products.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA, and Microsoft and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Cadillac, Audi and Lamborghini.
Take a look around our state of the art studio LiveWorks on Newcastle Quayside, and visit our Life at ZeroLight blog for more information on our unique company culture.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Had responsibility for technical delivery on a major project.
- Had line-manager experience for 2+ developers for at least 2 years.
- Has experience liaising with non-technical individuals (including clients) on complex technical issues & requirements.
- Fullstack Web Development
- Distributed Systems
- Cloud Applications
- High Availability.
- SaaS / PaaS
- NoSQL & Database development in general
- Self-healing fault tolerant systems
- Failure Injection
Tech Experience (in desired order of priority)
- AWS - pro or specialist certification preferred.
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle's famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Access to free counselling services for yourself and your immediate family through our Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly volunteer group with regular activities around the local area.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am - 10am each morning and leave between 4pm - 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official ZeroLight Events including Friends & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.
To apply for this position please send your CV to the Talent Development Team
Click here to contact this recruiter
Contact Name: Talent Development Team
Job ID: 2840959