|Recruiter:||LA International Computer Consultants Ltd|
|Listed on:||20th July|
Our defence client is recruiting for a Wireless Implementation Manager (Wi-IMA) to join a team on a NATO project in Mons, Belgium. SC or NATO Secret cleared.
Wireless Implementation Management Authority (Wi-IMA) for Wireless and Maritime Projects.
The consultancy effort will be applied to the following principal functions:
* (1) Coordinate and maintain the overall Implementation Plan of all Wireless and Maritime projects and the co-ordination of its execution.
* (2) Provide support for monitoring national implementation activities, including BRASS (Broadcast and Ship-Shore) and BLOS AP (Beyond Line of Sight Access Points) projects.
* (3) Provide support on the preparation and execution of the Maritime Implementation Working Group (MIWG) meetings with the Territorial Host nations and involved NATO bodies.
* (4) Support the Management and coordination of BRASS/BLOS AP implementations and the roll-out of Enhancements.
* (5) Promote interoperability between individual BRASS projects and coherence in the National implementations of the BLOS AP.
* (6) Develop service delivery and operation related instructions to support the deployment of BRASS enhancement 1 across the Alliance.
* a) Provide support to all Wireless Maritime Communications Projects.
* b) Provide ad-hoc support to all activities related to the National BRASS implementations, such as TBCE (Type B Cost Estimate) generation or review support, IFB (Invitation for Bid) preparation and evaluation and technical advice during project execution;
* c) Management and record of the releases of the BLOS AP Software to Nations
* d) Capture the current BRASS and BLOS AP project baseline, in the relevant management tools (MS Project, Visio, Excel)
* e) Monitor the implementation of maritime projects to ensure they meet key technical, schedule and financial constraints. Report any forecasted exceptions to the Wi IMA PM on time;
* f) Monitor execution of projects, proactively detect potential issues and trigger mitigating actions;
* g) Prepare, organize and coordinate meetings, specifically the MIWG meetings as well as bilateral meeting with Nations and NATO bodies,
* h) Maintain updated meeting records such as the Communication Plan, Issue Log and Action List. Issue meeting minutes and reports for follow on actions;
* i) Maintain updated the content of the maritime WEB Portal on NS Network Maritime web portal by evaluating the consistency and verify the correctness of the information, including the NS Lessons Learned WEB Portal;
* j) Support the development of Configuration Management Plan and Procedures for the BRASS/BLOS AP projects and ensure that project CM activities are carried out in accordance with established procedures and plans;
* k) Prepare project hand-over plans;
* l) Participate, as required, in individual Host Nation's System Testing as well as Site Surveys, Acceptance and Handover of completed projects for operational use, review or prepare "Acceptance Test Procedures" and Security Accreditation documents;
* m) Prepare project deliverables such as Project/stage plans, Exception reports/plans, project management documents, end stage reports, draft project related correspondence;
* n) Ensure all project documents are complete, updated, and filed appropriately; Contribute to the development of Develop service delivery and operation related instructions to support the deployment of BRASS enhancement 1 across the Alliance
* o) Acceptance criteria for tasks are as defined in the Contract Special Provisions and the BOA.
The Contractor's proposed consultant must meet the following minimum requirements:
* Have an university degree (minimum BSc) in Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications, or in a related engineering field, coupled with at least 5 years experience in the area of CIS projects implementation, covering the full spectrum of practice from junior to senior responsibilities.
* Have an official certification in at least one of the Project Management methodologies (PRINCE-2 and/or other project methodologies);
* Broad knowledge with minimum 3 years' experience in project management of military CIS;
* Experience must include large scale projects through all phases and across wide geographical areas;
* Recent experience (within the last 8 years) in the planning, design, installation, testing and integration of CIS systems;
* Good knowledge of MS suite Office tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project and MS PowerPoint);
* Good communication and coordination skills;
* Excellent level of English, both written and spoken;
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.
Contact Name: Danielle Jones
Reference: TJ/662/107399 DZJ_1595237273
Job ID: 2840507