Network Security Engineer (SC or NATO Secret)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client are recruiting for a Security-Network Service Engineer to join a team on a NATO project in Mons, Belgium.
Start: c. 1st September
Duration: 6-12 Months
Clearance: SC Clearance or NATO Secret
Purpose of the role:
As a Security-Network Service engineer you are responsible for a solution that provides access to public information access services through managed gateways and also to enable remote users to access the network services and internal resources provided by the public access network and the clients Wide Area Network.
Besides being responsible for managing the managed solution for our customers, the Security-Network Service engineer will act as the client's eye-and-ears at customer premises and represent the client in a professional matter.
* Manage the client solution at customer location
* Interact with the customer's service desk team to liaise on the issues pertaining our managed solution
* Log & manage the incidents and problems in ITSM
* Work in a physical presence at the client location between 8 am and 6 pm from Monday to Friday; during nights and week-end, participate in an on-call duty rotation (every 3 weeks). (we prefer that the engineer is living in or close to Mons)
* Provide Level 2 support on the incident and problems as per agreed Service Level Agreement
* Liaise with Level 3 support teams which in turn comprises of client professionals and Level 3 support of various suppliers
* Prepare & manage service related documentation.
* Present the service status to customer designated Service Manager if required.
* Advice, Build, Troubleshoot and Maintain solutions using Citrix NetScaler technology
* Troubleshoot and Maintain basic network infrastructure based on Cisco technology
* SC or NATO Security Clearance
* A can do attitude, must be eager to learn, is flexible and customer focused
* A natural initiative and pro-activeness to their method of working, be open to and advise on new ideas
* Strong communication stills with an excellent standard of written and spoken English
* Strong team player skills but also must able to work on own initiative
* The ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure.
* An intermediate to senior knowledge and experience in systems integration with a minimum of 3 years of working experience (network analysis, troubleshooting, monitoring and management systems in a WAN/LAN environment)
* DDOS attack profiles (DNS; TCP packet floods; IP packet reflection)
* Scripting languages (PERL, Python, APIs)
* IDS/IPS profiles
* SPAM/Antivirus protection mechanism
* OSI model
* Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
* VLAN, HSRP, ACL, WCCP, port-profiles, NAT/PAT
* Firewall, NextGen Firewall
* Forward proxy
* Email proxy
Preferably knowledge of
* Solarwinds (NPM, NCM, SAM, SLA, Netflow)
* Cisco IronPort (WSA, ESA, MGNT)
* Palo Alto, Cisco ASA
* Arbor Pravail
* VPN (S2S, SLL, IPSEC)
* Advanced routing BGP, EIGRP, Redistribution
* VMware, Linux, Windows base skills
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.