Lloyds Banking Group
9th July 2020
£58941 - £65490
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We're doing things differently at LBG with the help of new digital technology, and we want you to be part of it. We know our work impacts the lives of millions every day. That's why LBG has been helping Britain prosper for over 320 years. Now we're on a mission to reshape the future of banking, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to help make this a reality. Come join the UK's largest digital bank as we transform the way Britain banks and explore new, innovative technology.
We're looking for iOS Software Engineers who are passionate about writing modular, well-tested applications with a long lifespan.
Do you value easy-to-maintain code, solid engineering practices, and sensible use of frameworks and patterns? Do you value extensive use of automated testing?
Then join our mobile team to help us transforming this complex business in a seamless experience for our customers. We work in a complex business with a high volume of customers and transactions, so a desire to dive into the details and come up with creative solutions is key.
We strive to improve the bank's engineering community, by organising knowledge-sharing sessions, events and regular hackathons. We're always keen to hear from people who actively engage with technical groups.
Within mobile, there's a strong focus on business value and giving customers the features they need.
We hope that you'll apply if you:
- Have a proven understanding of Swift and have experience in building commercial iOS applications
- Strong understanding of iOS application architecture patterns, threading and how to write robust apps
- Have experience writing universal UI for both phone and tablet using auto layout and size classes
- Have good knowledge on writing modularised and highly testable code
- Know how the software development lifecycle works, and have good knowledge of source control, automated testing, and being part of an agile team
- Are excited by the changing iOS landscape, and care deeply about learning new technologies and patterns
- Enjoy contributing to the success of your team through close collaboration and communication
- Take ownership of solutions and strive to meet and exceed business requirements
- Want to work on applications that have millions of active users, and regularly deliver new features into their hands
What skills & experience would be beneficial but not essential to have?
- Experience in setting up and maintaining CI systems
- Experience working on a large scale mobile app
- Interest and/or experience in InfoSec
- Interest and/or experience in building advanced UI
- Interest and/or experience in Accessibility
- Experience in Functional Reactive Programming using Combine, RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa or other FRP frameworks
- Knowledge of Kotlin and willingness to occasionally assist with Android work
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.