£590 per day
Would you like to join Europe's most popular broadcasting and media brands? Our client is looking for talented Java Developers with good commercial experience.
They're at the forefront of innovation whilst pushing boundaries and you'll be given the freedom and support you need to make an impact!
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the way in entertainment. With over 20 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
Java Developer Requirements
- Active contribution towards key design decisions and detailed design and implementation.
- Participation in all stages of the software development, from initial analysis & design to implementation and post launch support.
- Contribute to and maintain the platform on which the service runs, including the full path to production.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and perform detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems.
- Have an appreciation of new technologies and their use in innovative teams.
- Effective communication with fellow software engineers, the project team, management and various levels of the business to ensure the effective delivery and integration of these systems.
- Application development experience on building large scale, high volume and REST-compliant web services using Java in Cloud or container based environment;
- Excellent core Java and Java 8 skills is a must;
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and experienced in the use of apache http libraries for consuming http based web services in an efficient manner;
- Software engineering practices including: design patterns, unit testing with Mockito, JUnit, automated build and test systems for continuous integration (using Jenkins) and TDD are a must;
- Experience using GIT is a must;
- Agile development, in particular Scrum and XP; comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Experience of pair programming is must;
- Experience of Dependency Injection frameworks like Guice or Spring is a must;
If you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience in writing clean maintainable code then please submit your CV in the first instance.
On the other hand, if you know someone who will be a good fit for the role, please pass on their details. We pay for referrals!