3rd Line Suppot Technician - ASAP start - Lincoln
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£90 - £100
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
* Create & administer user accounts using Active Directory/Exchange 2007 including password re-sets to conform to the Computer use Policy & to assist in the development of working procedures, using standard Microsoft products.
* Create & administer user accounts on the remote access server & to install/configure service to customer hardware.
* Configure hardware to agreed corporate build & to provide ongoing development of the build process.
* Build, Configure, Asset, Deliver & Install IT equipment to customer desktop premises. This will regularly require lifting/carrying of equipment in excess of 15kg using mechanical aids & assistance where required.
* Provide training to end users in basic operation of equipment & applications such that the end user can use the service on delivery e.g. switch on, log on, access email & Microsoft Office applications as installed.
* Installation & configuration of any specialised applications, software & hardware to include but not confined to Clinical Systems & Software, Smartphones, Printers & Scanners.
* Provide 1st & 2nd line support to include initial logging of faults from customers, simple diagnostic testing & forwarding if appropriate.
* Provide 3rd line technical support to investigate complex faults to resolution or escalation.
* To co-ordinate with 3rd party suppliers for resolution of faults outside the scope of GEM, e.g. Dell, BT, Microsoft.
* To determine, onsite, a cost effective repair or replacement of equipment & to advise budget holders accordingly.
* To troubleshoot desktop equipment to component/board level & replace as necessary.
* To research & provide 'workarounds' for 'unknown' errors so that they become known errors, e.g. software/hardware errors as new applications/equipment becomes available through National projects.
* To research data to provide information for the formulation of oiging policies & procedures to enable IT Support to provide an efficient cost effective service to its customers.
* To take on project work in the evaluation & testing of new equipment with recommendations to senior management with regard to suitability (i.e. large scale roll out of ICT equipment for given projects).
* To ensure own continual professional development
* To agree personal development plan with line management & work towards achieving training objectives.
* To meticulously record data for GP Practices, user details & assets such that they are up to date & accurate.
* To ensure installations meet requirements of network security & to assist in the maintenance of adequate security standards.
* In agreement with the post holder, to take on additional work commensurate with the knowledge & skills of the post holder.
* To participate in the Out of Hours 'on-call' rota for ICT
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.