Senior Hardware Engineer - SC Cleared
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our defence client is recruiting for a security cleared Senior Hardware Engineer to join a team in Fife (Scotland) on a 6 month contract initially.
Primary Purpose of this position:
To provide significant technical input to the design, implementation and testing, leading to technical ownership of power product solutions.
* Power supply design prowess?
* Design of complex analogue and some digital circuits.?
* To take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware, and provide leadership and guidance for junior engineers. ?
* Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Take part in design reviews. Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies. ?
* Realisation of complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable hardware solutions. ?
* Responsibility for the complete implementation of detailed technical items and an understanding/appreciation of system level items. ?
* Collaboration with other team members (including both hardware and software engineers) to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols etc. ?
* Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware. ?
* Provide support to manufacturing answering product queries & resolving technical issues. ?
* Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle. ?
* Monitoring and reporting of progress of development to immediate supervisor and development team. ?
* Proactively support company compliance to Health and Safety legislation through adherence to company polices, processes and practices. ?
* Ensure that all business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies and ethics codes of conduct. ?
* Undertake any other activity as reasonably requested by management ?
Knowledge & Experience:
* Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering/related subject (preferably at 2.1 Hons or higher). ?
* Experience of VHDL. ?
* Significant design experience in industry. ?
* Excellent knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design?
* Ability to estimate engineering effort, create work packages and delegate tasks?
* Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation. ?
* Proven experience in handover and management of designs in production. ?
* Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills. ?
* Able to support/debug system integration ?
* Good knowledge of MS Office products?
* Good communicator ?
* Eligible or current holder of SC security clearance?
* Use of Mentor Graphics schematic entry and PCB layout tools. ?
* Experience of C, preferably in embedded applications?
* Support and perform software debugging. ?
* Design of circuits containing embedded processors and FPGAs ?
* Industrial experience with DC and AC power supply design ?
* Awareness of high speed serial networks ?
* A high level appreciation of RF electronics ?
* Interfacing to high speed data converters ?
* Great team player?
* Can do attitude?
* Passion for electronics?
* Ability to work individually and in a team. ?
* Innovative thinker and problem solver. ?
* Ability to effectively research and solve complex technical issues. ?
* Excellent interpersonal skills. ?
* Ability to work effectively with customer representatives from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from junior to the most senior levels whilst displaying a confident, polite and professional demeanour at all times. ?
* Good attention to detail. ?
* Flexible and adaptable
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.