Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together.
We are looking for a Cloud Devops Engineer to work in our Head Office based in Deeside near Chester.
Make a difference to your career, at Iceland we expect a lot but you'll get a lot back in return. We will help you to grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Purpose of Role:
Working within the IT Infrastructure Team and reporting to the Technical Cloud Specialist the Cloud Devops Engineer will deliver robust, high quality solutions by designing, building, and maintaining next-generation cloud services in the public cloud using cloud-native tools and technologies. We are looking for someone passionate about Infrastructure as Code, sharing knowledge, working closely with Development teams, values testing and reproducibility.
For the right candidate this will be an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced, technically innovative, and fully agile environment while driving a DevOps culture.
To be successful you will need to be:
Familiar with infrastructure as code and deployment by automation with a broad knowledge of CI/CD.
Knowledgeable of the concepts behind infrastructure, deployment and testing. Ultimately putting in place processes and systems to ensure that the agreed standards become embedded in the creation of new infrastructure in a Public Cloud Environment
An Azure Platform evangelist with strong stakeholder and customer engagement skills, as this role requires you to liaise with several internal customers and external partners.
- Work with development, Infrastructure teams and 3rd parties to define suitable design patterns for new services to be deployed in Azure; including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS as options ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud.
- Contribute towards defining standards to be adopted for infrastructure hosted within the Public Cloud.
- Support the dev team to drive agile best practices and a DevOps culture. Embrace a DevOps philosophy
- Look for opportunities to drive best practice and live the mantra to automate all things.
- Spearhead the development of infrastructure through reusable code with automated tooling and tests, implementing cloud-based initiatives to enable fast application deployments through Integration, configuration, deployment and thereafter managing centrally.
- Develop, plan and implement release management to support continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) ensuring the highest standard in review, unit testing and documentation.
- Participate in the Scrum planning, backlog maintenance and stand ups working with the other team members such as Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Operate as an interface between the 3rd Parties with supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that projects come in on time and under budget.
- Provide technical direction, input and advice to troubleshoot in incident management, debug and resolve escalated problems contributing to the resolution through root cause analysis and process improvement.
- Act as a conduit by supporting and contributing to the Service Transition processes to ensure that a service can be managed, operated and supported in accordance with the requirements and constraints specified.
- Works under general direction within a framework of accountability. Substantial responsibility and autonomy.
- Confident and flexible to work under pressure to deliver effective and high-quality solutions.
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working with the ability to think creatively and troubleshoot.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal/written, communication and presentation skills, able to adjust approach and communication style in empathy with the audience.
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise workload under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- An agile mindset where technological platforms and practices are continuously developing, looking for opportunities to take advantage and apply it effectively.
- Can-do, positive attitude. Proactivity, energy, enthusiasm.
- A strong grounding in Microsoft core services; AD, DNS and DHCP
- Skills set to maintain production environments in public cloud ideally, Microsoft Azure (Identity, Networking, Compute, Storage, Web, Mobile, Containers, Databases, Analytics, AI & Machine learning)
- Well versed in Azure Policies, Azure blueprint, Azure IaaS, Azure Application services, Azure Automation DSC, Azure identity management.
- Familiarity with big-data ideas (data lakes, distributed architectures and computing)
- Grasp of databases and their characteristics (SQL and NoSQL, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, Cassandra, etc)
- Strong appreciation of architectural/design decisions relevant to cloud-native applications.
- Ability to code and script in languages such as Ruby, Java, JS, Python, Json, Powershell.
- Proficient in developing automation mechanisms for continuous build and integration activities using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Skills in writing, correcting and debugging code.
- Code first approach with a strong automation skillset through tools like Azure CLI, Bash and ARM scripts
- Familiar with concepts Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Fail Over and Redundancy methodologies as they are central to operating software in the cloud.
- An understanding of Visual Studio and Azure DevOps as an integrated development environment
- Microsoft AZ300, AZ301, AZ201 or equivalent in Public Cloud platforms (required)
- Exposure to Azure (Identity, Networking, Compute, Storage, Web, Mobile, Containers, Databases, Analytics, AI & Machine learning) (required)
- Proven experience with the Azure Cloud Platform configuring and deploying Azure solutions (required)
- Experience deploying code with CI/CD such as Terraform and Azure DevOps (required)
- Experience with scripting Infrastructure as Code and managing configuration, Terraform or Packer (required)
- Use of team collaboration and communication tools like Azure DevOps, Jira, Slack (required)
- Experience of managing, supporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting cloud environments (required)
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies e.g. Scrum or Kanban (desired)
- Knowledge of Microsoft enterprise ecosystem (office 365, SharePoint, power BI), Windows Server and Networking(required)
- Experience with SQL and MSSQL/MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too) (desired)
- Understanding of information security principles and controls (ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials, SOC2 etc.) (desired)
- Practical experience of helping guide individuals towards practises and tooling that enable technical agility through Technical coaching/mentoring (desired)
Our benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.
Contact Name: Iceland
Job ID: 2835862